Unable to access remote repository

Mark Rosenberg

Jul 8, 2009, 5:41:23 PM7/8/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org, ma...@sublimeslime.com
I'm getting this message when I use the repo browser or attempt to commit a file.

Error * Can't connect to host 'DAW': A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I recently changed my network configuration from point-to-point firewire (XP home to XP home) to LAN (D-link 655 router). I can ping my repository host by name, so name resolution appears to be happening.

Stefan Küng

Jul 9, 2009, 1:29:01 AM7/9/09
Mark Rosenberg wrote:
> I'm getting this message when I use the repo browser or attempt to
> commit a file.
>
> Error * Can't connect to host 'DAW': A connection attempt failed
> because the connected party did not properly respond after a period
> of time, or established connection failed because connected host has
> failed to respond.
>
> I recently changed my network configuration from point-to-point
> firewire (XP home to XP home) to LAN (D-link 655 router). I can ping
> my repository host by name, so name resolution appears to be
> happening.

Make sure no firewall prevents the connection.

Stefan

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2369243

Mark Rosenberg

Jul 9, 2009, 1:46:04 AM7/9/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Can you point me to some resource that describes the best way to
configure Windows Firewall to permit the connection? There are at
least 'program' and 'port' options. Do I use the same firewall
configuration on both client and server sides?

Thanks for your help,

Mark

On Jul 8, 10:29 pm, Stefan Küng <tortoise...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Rosenberg wrote:
> > I'm getting this message when I use the repo browser or attempt to
> > commit a file.
>
> > Error * Can't connect to host 'DAW': A connection attempt failed
> > because the connected  party did not properly respond after a period
> > of time, or established  connection failed because connected host has
> > failed to respond.
>
> > I recently changed my network configuration from point-to-point
> > firewire (XP home to XP home) to LAN (D-link 655 router). I can ping
> > my repository host by name, so name resolution appears to be
> > happening.
>
> Make sure no firewall prevents the connection.
>
> Stefan
>

> ------------------------------------------------------http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMess...

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2369247

Stefan Küng

Jul 9, 2009, 1:52:27 AM7/9/09
Mark Rosenberg wrote:
> Can you point me to some resource that describes the best way to
> configure Windows Firewall to permit the connection? There are at
> least 'program' and 'port' options. Do I use the same firewall
> configuration on both client and server sides?

You only have to configure your server if you're using the windows firewall.
Set the 'program' to the svn server (apache, svnserve) and the port to
the one your server uses (usually 80 and/or 443 for apache, 3690 for
svnserve).

Stefan

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2369248

Mark Rosenberg

Jul 9, 2009, 2:51:40 AM7/9/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Thanks Stefan,

I didn't realize my virus protection also had firewall protection.
Punched a hole in it for subversion and I'm now back in business with
Tortoise SVN. Thanks for your help.

Mark

On Jul 8, 10:52 pm, Stefan Küng <tortoise...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Rosenberg wrote:
> > Can you point me to some resource that describes the best way to
> > configure Windows Firewall to permit the connection? There are at
> > least 'program' and 'port' options. Do I use the same firewall
> > configuration on both client and server sides?
>
> You only have to configure your server if you're using the windows firewall.
> Set the 'program' to the svn server (apache, svnserve) and the port to
> the one your server uses (usually 80 and/or 443 for apache, 3690 for
> svnserve).
>
> Stefan
>

> ------------------------------------------------------http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMess...

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2369265

chengj929

Jul 9, 2009, 3:35:03 AM7/9/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org, chengj929

HELLO:
Can anybody tell me where I can get svn-win32-1.6.1_dev.zip ?
Thanks for your help.

Best wishes!

chengj929
2009-07-09

Jul 9, 2009, 4:58:03 AM7/9/09
2009/7/9 chengj929 <chen...@163.com>:

> HELLO:
> Can anybody tell me where I can get svn-win32-1.6.1_dev.zip ?
> Thanks for your help.

Wrong mailing list. This is for TortoiseSVN not SVN. Try users at
subversion.tigris.org

Simon

--
: ___