"can't set file "...<file path>\.svn\entries" read-write: access is denied.

Pompi Diplan

Oct 8, 2008, 3:04:52 PM10/8/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org

I am getting repeatedly (cca. daily)

        "can't set file "...<file path>\.svn\entries" read-write: access is denied. Finished!”

errors.  It’s suggesting “do a cleanup”, but then the cleanup itself fails (could not be performed successfully)…

The location of the directory on which I get these errors varies with (1) the places from where I make checkins and (2) the places where get updated by others.

Could this be related to the collabnet version I am using? To running it under tortoise on a Windows2008 operating system?

Any ideas/advice would be highly appreciated…

Thanks,

Pompi Diplan

Jean-Marc van Leerdam

Oct 9, 2008, 1:13:28 AM10/9/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi,

On 08/10/2008, Pompi Diplan <podi...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am getting repeatedly (cca. daily)
> "can't set file "...<file path>\.svn\entries" read-write: access is
> denied. Finished!"
> errors. It's suggesting "do a cleanup", but then the cleanup itself fails

> (could not be performed successfully)...

> The location of the directory on which I get these errors varies with (1)
> the places from where I make checkins and (2) the places where get updated
> by others.

Do you have any antivirus program scanning the .svn folders? That can
cause locking conflicts.

--
Regards,

Jean-Marc