The build command exited with code -1

Sara M

Jan 21, 2016, 8:05:55 AM1/21/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
I'm integrating new features into TortoiseSVN and I'm getting these build errors:

Error MSB3073 The command "..\bin\Release\bin\ResText extract ..\bin\Release\bin\TortoiseProcLang.dll*..\src\TortoiseProc\resource.h*..\src\TortoiseShell\resource.h*"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxres.h" ..\bin\Release\bin\TortoiseMergeLang.dll*..\src\TortoiseMerge\resource.h*"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxres.h" ..\bin\Release\bin\TortoiseBlameLang.dll*..\src\TortoiseBlame\resource.h ..\bin\Release\bin\TortoiseIDiffLang.dll*..\src\TortoiseIDiff\resource.h -useheaderfile TortoiseUIPotHeader.txt TortoiseUI.pot
:VCEnd" exited with code -1. TortoiseLang C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 133

Where

<Target Name="PostBuildEvent" Condition="'$(PostBuildEventUseInBuild)'!='false'">
<Message Text="Description: %(PostBuildEvent.Message)" Condition="'%(PostBuildEvent.Message)' != '' and '%(PostBuildEvent.Command)' != ''"/>
<Exec Command="%(PostBuildEvent.Command)$(_BuildSuffix)" Condition="'%(PostBuildEvent.Command)' != ''"/>
</Target>

The error is thrown for the line with Exec Command.

I'm not entirely sure what the exit code above is trying to say? Did I miss something?

Stefan Küng

Jan 21, 2016, 12:36:49 PM1/21/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
On 21.01.2016 02:48, Sara M wrote:
> I'm integrating new features into TortoiseSVN and I'm getting these build errors:
>

> Error MSB3073 The command "..\bin\Release\bin\ResText extract ..\bin\Release\bin\TortoiseProcLang.dll*..\src\TortoiseProc\resource.h*..\src\TortoiseShell\resource.h*"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxres.h" ..\bin\Release\bin\TortoiseMergeLang.dll*..\src\TortoiseMerge\resource.h*"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxres.h" ..\bin\Release\bin\TortoiseBlameLang.dll*..\src\TortoiseBlame\resource.h ..\bin\Release\bin\TortoiseIDiffLang.dll*..\src\TortoiseIDiff\resource.h -useheaderfile TortoiseUIPotHeader.txt TortoiseUI.pot
> :VCEnd" exited with code -1. TortoiseLang C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 133
>
> Where
>
> <Target Name="PostBuildEvent" Condition="'$(PostBuildEventUseInBuild)'!='false'">
> <Message Text="Description: %(PostBuildEvent.Message)" Condition="'%(PostBuildEvent.Message)' != '' and '%(PostBuildEvent.Command)' != ''"/>
> <Exec Command="%(PostBuildEvent.Command)$(_BuildSuffix)" Condition="'%(PostBuildEvent.Command)' != ''"/>
> </Target>
>
> The error is thrown for the line with Exec Command.
>
> I'm not entirely sure what the exit code above is trying to say? Did I miss something?

It's not SubWCRev that's returning this error code: SubWCRev only
returns error codes that are > 0. So I'm not sure what's the problem here.
Unless of course you haven't built SubWCRev yet, then MSBuild returns
with an error itself because it can't find the exe to run.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=3156447

Sara M

Jan 21, 2016, 12:46:11 PM1/21/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
What do you mean by haven't built "SubWCRev" yet?

How do I know if I have built it yet or not?

Thanks for your help!

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=3156449

Stefan Küng

Jan 21, 2016, 12:57:30 PM1/21/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
On 21.01.2016 18:45, Sara M wrote:
> What do you mean by haven't built "SubWCRev" yet?
>
> How do I know if I have built it yet or not?

If it's in the bin folder, then it's built. If not, then you haven't
built it yet.

Please have a look at the build.txt file and follow the instructions there.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest interface to (Sub)version control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=3156453

Sara M

Jan 21, 2016, 1:57:38 PM1/21/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Stefan,

I have been looking at the build.txt instructions but there are a few missing steps.

The biggest one that comes to mind is nant init! That was missing from the docs and I needed to run that command to get Tools.

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=3156456

Sara M

Jan 21, 2016, 1:57:42 PM1/21/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Btw, I have "SubWCRev" in the Debug and Release bin folders but I'm still getting exit code -1.

How should I proceed?

I should note that when I initially built TortoiseSVN without my features, I was able to get it to build successfully. However, after integrating my features, I'm getting these build errors, so I'm just wondering what I should be looking at.

Thanks a lot for your help! It is appreciated.

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=3156457

Stefan Küng

Jan 21, 2016, 2:14:45 PM1/21/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
On 21.01.2016 19:21, Sara M wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> I have been looking at the build.txt instructions but there are a few missing steps.

What is missing?

> The biggest one that comes to mind is nant init! That was missing from the docs and I needed to run that command to get Tools.

https://svn.code.sf.net/p/tortoisesvn/code/trunk/build.txt

line 69: - run 'nant init' to fetch and unzip the required tools

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest interface to (Sub)version control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=3156459

Stefan Küng

Jan 21, 2016, 2:16:11 PM1/21/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
On 21.01.2016 19:25, Sara M wrote:
> Btw, I have "SubWCRev" in the Debug and Release bin folders but I'm
> still getting exit code -1.
>
> How should I proceed?
>
> I should note that when I initially built TortoiseSVN without my
> features, I was able to get it to build successfully. However, after
> integrating my features, I'm getting these build errors, so I'm just
> wondering what I should be looking at.

Not sure what's causing exit code -1.
You could try and run SubWCRev with that command line manually from a
console window (cmd.exe) and see what SubWCRev prints as errors.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest interface to (Sub)version control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=3156460

Daniel Sahlberg

Jan 21, 2016, 4:53:28 PM1/21/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org

Hi,
That is in the build.txt file!
Kind regards
Daniel

Sara M

Jan 21, 2016, 4:53:34 PM1/21/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Thanks Stefan. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for all your help.

I'm so close to getting this built properly. I just have these few build errors I need to fix:

[TortoiseSVN exec] CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:GROUP_ICON, name:284, language:0x0000 [C:\Users\~\Desktop\Tortoise193proj\src\TortoiseProc\TortoiseProcLang.vcxproj]

[TortoiseSVN exec] LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt [C:\Users\~\Desktop\Tortoise193proj\src\TortoiseProc\TortoiseProcLang.vcxproj]

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=3156464

Sara M

Jan 26, 2016, 10:59:22 AM1/26/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
SubWCRev doesn't give any errors. I'm at a lose on how to proceed.

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=3157161

Stefan Küng

Jan 26, 2016, 1:19:11 PM1/26/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
On 26.01.2016 16:38, Sara M wrote:
> SubWCRev doesn't give any errors. I'm at a lose on how to proceed.

Try building with our provided build scripts, as described in build.txt.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest interface to (Sub)version control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=3157179

Sara M

Feb 2, 2016, 10:58:12 AM2/2/16
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Steve,

I have been doing exactly that but still issue persists. Thanks

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=3158041