Installing Torch on an ARM platform

ValiMax

Nov 24, 2015, 7:53:23 AM11/24/15
to torch7
I'm trying to install torch on a Ubuntu like OS running on the ARM ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 processor. This processor seems to be supported by the LuaJIT (http://luajit.org/install.html).

The first problem I faced was that the install.sh script was failing to identify the architecture. I've manually set LJ_TARGET_ARM:INTERNAL=1 in the build/CMakeCache.txt and this seems to have solved the initial platform detection problem. But then the installation fails with the following message in the install.log

[ 26%] Built target buildvm

[ 30%] Generating vmdef.lua

exe/luajit-rocks/luajit-2.1/CMakeFiles/libluajit.dir/build.make:139: recipe for target 'exe/luajit-rocks/luajit-2.1/vmdef.lua' failed

CMakeFiles/Makefile2:149: recipe for target 'exe/luajit-rocks/luajit-2.1/CMakeFiles/libluajit.dir/all' failed

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vali