fblualib not installing on AWS Ubuntu 14.04

qol...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2015, 5:48:30 AM4/21/15
to tor...@googlegroups.com
fblualib doesn't seem to be installing properly on any AWS Ubuntu 14.04 instances. I haven't tried anything else. I mention this because I read somewhee that AWS was checked if everything installs correctly.

If it so happens that it works correctly for you, can you send my a copy of the list of your commands aside from the install script?

Thanks

soumith

Apr 21, 2015, 11:10:10 AM4/21/15
to torch7

qol...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2015, 10:36:15 PM4/21/15
to tor...@googlegroups.com
Getting this error:
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:24 (FIND_PACKAGE):

By not providing "FindTorch.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has

  asked
CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "Torch", but

CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Torch" with any of

  the following names
:

TorchConfig.cmake

    torch
-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Torch" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set

"Torch_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "Torch"

  provides a separate development
package or SDK, be sure it has been

  installed
.

I already installed Torch. th is working.

qol...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2015, 11:52:11 AM4/22/15
to tor...@googlegroups.com
I set Torch_DIR, so the directory with "TorchConfig.cmake" That error is now gone, but there are errors related to fbthrift. It's failing to install. Anyone have any luck installing with an AWS Ubuntu 14.04 instance?

qol...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2015, 12:12:48 PM4/22/15
to tor...@googlegroups.com
../../compiler/thrift1: error while loading shared libraries: libfolly.so.35: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

make
[2]: *** [gen-cpp/reflection_constants.cpp] Error 127

make
[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/fblualib-build.fwvqTw/fbthrift/thrift/lib/thrift'

make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `
/tmp/fblualib-build.fwvqTw/fbthrift/thrift/lib'

make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

UserNotDefined

Apr 27, 2015, 11:14:23 AM4/27/15
to tor...@googlegroups.com
Still never got it to install on a AWS machine with Ubuntu 14.04. I would love to use fb.python, but no luck. Anyone have any luck?