Brand-new to using torch, trouble with installing

Bat Man

Jun 14, 2017, 12:58:47 AM6/14/17
to torch7
Hello, I am a brand-new user of torch. I ran the commands shown in the installation guide on the website. However on running the second command, cd ~/torch; bash install-deps;, I recieved an error message. The mesage reads as follows:

Package python-software-properties is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
software-propertiescommon

E: Package 'python-software-properties' has no installation candidate

I just need to know what a potential solution to this problem may be.