How to handle transparent images

Sravan Kumar Reddy Javaji

Apr 23, 2015, 7:48:03 PM4/23/15
to tor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

Could someone let me know if there is any function in Torch that converts transparent images to normal images i.e., converting channel 2 to channel 1 image, similarly converting channel 4 to channel 3.

Thanks for your help.

-
Regards,
Sravan

6.png
download1.png

soumith

Apr 24, 2015, 12:05:17 AM4/24/15
to torch7 on behalf of Sravan Kumar Reddy Javaji
Ignore the transparent channel (it's called an alpha channel).

Sravan Kumar Reddy Javaji

Apr 24, 2015, 7:53:55 PM4/24/15
to tor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Soumith,

Thanks for your reply!

When I remove the alpha channel from the attached image ( i.e., 6.png), the image turned into black. Could you please check it once.

But for "5.png", after removing alpha channel, it is showing some lines on the image. Please check it once.

Thanks for your time :)

-
Regards,
Sravan

On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 9:05:17 PM UTC-7, smth chntla wrote:
Ignore the transparent channel (it's called an alpha channel).
6.png
5.png