To classify a sequence of multiple digits of variable sizes using CNN+RNN

Raja Raghudeep Emani

Aug 10, 2017, 12:04:30 PM8/10/17
to torch7
Hi,

I have read some papers where CNN+RNN combinations have been successfully used but the only condition being the images you fed into in your cnn network has to be of the same size, the moment I resize my images I lose information from long and small length of images, padding can be one better alternative before I feed it into CNN. Presently, I am using segmentation + CNN but feel very strongly that there must be some alternative to use CNN+RNN end to end with variable size input.

Any ideas or reading would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Raghu