If Training data is not similar to testing data ?

Tung-Han Wu

Aug 22, 2016, 3:41:56 AM8/22/16
to torch7

I try to train a neural network in an emotional recognition dataset for five class. I meet some question when I trained.

1.

The dataset set is a skewed dataset , ex : class1 has 100 datas but class2 has 3000 datas.

 --  I try to use Smote to balance data

2.

The training data of this dataset is not similar to testing data , that is a big problem

I don't know how to solve problem 2 please help me. Thanks a lot

Antoine LAULAN

Aug 24, 2016, 4:59:50 AM8/24/16
to torch7
Which kind of learning do you use ?

Supervised Learning ?
Unsupervised, by renforcement ??

Generally when you want to train a NN on a classification problem (your five class) you must have similarities between training and testing data..
Otherwise results may be bad..