Running torch in IntelliJ

Ronan Moynihan

May 21, 2016, 7:31:45 AM5/21/16
to torch7
Hi All,

Does anyone have a clear set of steps to run / debug torch in IntelliJ?

I've done as follows but haven't been successful.

- installed the lua plugin - https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/5055?pr=
- changed the interpreter to torch/install/bin/qlua

Thanks,

Ronan

Shu Wang

Jul 9, 2016, 11:27:20 PM7/9/16
to torch7
Hi Ronan,

I have exactly the same problem.

I can run the code, but cannot debug it. I think this problem comes from the Lua support plugin and we can hardly solve it.

I've moved to eclipse, though eclipse is not as good as Jetbrains IDE.

Best,
Shu

thanh tung Hoang

Sep 10, 2016, 11:43:53 PM9/10/16
to torch7
Hi all,

I think mobdebug package could help. It solved the problem for me.

luarocks install mobdebug

thanh tung Hoang

Sep 10, 2016, 11:48:49 PM9/10/16
to torch7
Just a screenshot

Ronan Moynihan

Sep 12, 2016, 4:48:43 PM9/12/16
to torch7
Hi Thang,

Thanks for sharing that.
Could you please post a screen shot of the run/debug configuration you are using in IntelliJ also?
Still getting errors.

On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 4:48:49 AM UTC+1, thanh tung Hoang wrote:
Just a screenshot

Thanh Tung Hoang

Oct 6, 2016, 3:31:34 AM10/6/16
to torch7
Hi Ronan,

So sorry for my late response. This is the screenshot of my settings
To open that, you right click at the project name choose Open Module Settings.

Tang

Nov 27, 2017, 9:12:32 PM11/27/17
to torch7

Hi all,

Hope to seek your help. I have just started using IntelliJ IDEA. I did the same setup as mentioned in this thread. I could not see Torch library however when I start coding. When I press CTRL + SPACEBAR to view Torch library or for autocompletion, I am seeing a "No suggestions" response.

Some additional information that may be relevant:
- OS: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
- Torch is installed based on the instructions on official website (http://torch.ch/
- MobDebug package has been installed with luarocks install mobdebug command.
- IDE: IntelliJ IDEA Community 2017.2 with Lua plugin v1.0.111 installed based on instructiosn on https://bitbucket.org/sylvanaar2/lua-for-idea/wiki/Home

Thanks.

Regards,
Tang