concat confusion

Seth Neiman

Oct 2, 2015, 5:53:59 PM10/2/15
to torch7
In some error calcs during validation, i'm working the labels and predictions from a network that has a final layer with 2 identical paths through a concat.

Batch size is 16, using cudnn.

The labels are in a tensor that is 16x200 - 1 set of 100 classification probabilities for each path through the concat. This was done to match my understanding of nn.Concat - that its simply concatenates the outputs of parallel path. The network trains without complaining.

Question #1 - is this correct?

The returned predictions are in a tensor that is 32x100. Obviously, its all there - but I need to understand how it is laid out - assuming my above understanding is valid.

Do the prediction values alternate between concat paths? or is it 16 from one, followed by 16 from the other.

thanks,

seth

Seth Neiman

Oct 2, 2015, 6:33:10 PM10/2/15
to torch7
Never mind - wrong dim in provided model.