" Failed searching manifest: Failed fetching manifest" when luarocks install mnist

i...@zju.edu.cn

Oct 21, 2016, 10:31:09 AM10/21/16
to torch7
When I tried command "luarocks install mnist" on Ubuntu 14.04.4, it gave following messages:

Warning: Failed searching manifest: Failed fetching manifest for https://raw.githubusercontent.com/torch/rocks/master - Failed downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/torch/rocks/master/manifest - /home/srtp/.cache/luarocks/https___raw.githubusercontent.com_torch_rocks_master/manifest
Warning: Failed searching manifest: Failed fetching manifest for https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rocks-moonscript-org/moonrocks-mirror/master - Failed downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rocks-moonscript-org/moonrocks-mirror/master/manifest - /home/srtp/.cache/luarocks/https___raw.githubusercontent.com_rocks-moonscript-org_moonrocks-mirror_master/manifest

Error: No results matching query were found.

I've tried "rm -rf ~/.cache/luarocks", and it wouldn't work.

I've been stuck into this for hours, and if anyone knows the solution, plz tell me!! Thanks in advance.

Olalekan Ogunmolu

Oct 21, 2016, 10:25:56 PM10/21/16
to torch7
That's because github was down with the denial of service hack this morning. If you run the same command again, you should be fine as services are now back.

i...@zju.edu.cn

Oct 22, 2016, 6:37:04 AM10/22/16
to torch7
Thanks for your important information. But I've retried just now, and it won't work still.

在 2016年10月22日星期六 UTC+8上午10:25:56,Olalekan Ogunmolu写道:

sri phani krishna karri

Oct 22, 2016, 8:13:23 AM10/22/16
to torch7
are you behind proxy
From  terminal export http proxy and https proxy and give it a try