Issues installing torch and fbtorch on Ubuntu 16.04, CUDA 9

JMR

Mar 4, 2018, 4:00:49 PM3/4/18
to torch7

Hi,

First of all, when reaching the point in the installation that says:

"Do you want to automatically prepend the Torch install location
to PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your /home/javier/.bashrc? (yes/no)
[yes] >>> "

I typed yes and then enter, and the installation just quit back to the shell. Does that mean that the installation was incomplete?

After that, installing some luarocks packages worked fine, except that

luarocks install fbtorch produces the error:
 "Error: No results matching query were found"

Also,  luarocks install --server=http://luarocks.org/dev fbtorch

produced the following error: "fatal: Not a git repository (or any of
the parent directories): .git" and "CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148
(message): REQUIRED_ARGS (missing: FOLLY_INCLUDE_DIR FOLLY_LIBRARIES)"

Please advise.

Thank you,
JMR

Morpheus

Mar 4, 2018, 6:46:21 PM3/4/18
to torch7
For the first question, yes, that means torch is now installed. If you have sourced your bashrc, you should now have access to the TREPL, if you type th. Also in order for running gui stuff, use qlua, useful for when you have the image package in use.

Javier Mares Romero

Mar 4, 2018, 8:10:05 PM3/4/18
to torch7 on behalf of Morpheus
Thanks, Morpheus. I've tried to troubleshoot these fbtorch installation issues to no avail, so I thought that perhaps torch wasn't properly installed.
Any idea on how to overcome either of the two errors I described, to install fbtorch?

fuying...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2018, 9:17:13 AM4/20/18
to torch7
the same as problem, can you solve the problem,and can you tell me the  solution? Thank you!
在 2018年3月5日星期一 UTC+8上午5:00:49,JMR写道: