ArgumentException - Process with an Id of XYZ is not running

Scott McFadden

Oct 14, 2015, 4:45:06 PM10/14/15
to topshelf-discuss
From time to time we see this error in our TopShelf / MT3 Subscriber - Windows Service.  Doesn't seem fatal, just not sure what it means:

Exception Detail 1
***********************
TypeName: System.ArgumentException, mscorlib
Message: Process with an Id of 20504 is not running.
Source: System
StackTrace:    at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessById(Int32 processId, String machineName)
   at Topshelf.Runtime.Windows.WindowsHostEnvironment.GetParent(Process child)

ParamName:

Additional Information
Message=Unable to get parent process (ignored)

Anyone else run into this error?

Topshelf 3.1.3

thanks

scott