Always getting 32 bit instead of 64

snappy

Oct 5, 2015, 12:07:59 PM10/5/15
to topshelf-discuss
Does Topshelf automatically force the service to install as 32 bit? Is it something that needs to be configured or overriden to get it to install and run as 64 bit?

I have a service that has it's platform target set to x64 and the 'prefer 32 bit' flag unchecked in Visual Studio. None of the dependent assemblies are 32 bit either. But when I install it via topshelf it always runs as 32 bit, what gives?

Chris Patterson

Oct 5, 2015, 12:47:20 PM10/5/15
to topshelf...@googlegroups.com
This is something in your project that might be specifying either x86 or "Prefer 32-bit" on the project. All of our Topshelf services are 64-bit without any special configuration.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 9:07 AM, snappy <scottandre...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does Topshelf automatically force the service to install as 32 bit? Is it something that needs to be configured or overriden to get it to install and run as 64 bit?

I have a service that has it's platform target set to x64 and the 'prefer 32 bit' flag unchecked in Visual Studio. None of the dependent assemblies are 32 bit either. But when I install it via topshelf it always runs as 32 bit, what gives?

Aaron Jensen

Oct 5, 2015, 1:25:13 PM10/5/15
to topshelf...@googlegroups.com
What makes a service 32-bit is how it is compiled, not how it is installed. Double-check all the .csproj files involved in compiling your service and make sure 32-bit is turned off.