Open Group

Charles Steinkuehler

Apr 29, 2014, 1:55:14 PM4/29/14
to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com
I am officially requesting that this group become public, with no restrictions on who can join or read posts.  Is there some valid reason to keep the group private?  Having it closed seems counter to the goals of a hackerspace, IMHO.

--
Charles Steinkuehler

r00t

Apr 29, 2014, 2:49:56 PM4/29/14
to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com
I think I just made it public.

Jared Starkey

Apr 29, 2014, 2:54:18 PM4/29/14
to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com
I'm on here with my regular account so I have no idea.

Luis E. Rodriguez

Apr 29, 2014, 2:56:27 PM4/29/14
to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com
I'm officially requesting that all you awesome hackers sign up for a booth at Maker Faire Kansas City! June 28-29! Free for sharing what you love and teaching a skill. Selling anything costs $150, nonprofits pay $50.

www.makerfairekc.com/application/

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I just remember how cool Charle's stuff is! LinuxCNC W00t!

Luis Rodriguez
Maker Faire Producer

Luis E. Rodriguez

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Topeka Hackerspace group. To post to this group, send email to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to topeka-hackersp...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/topeka-hackerspace?hl=en
---

Charles Steinkuehler

Apr 29, 2014, 5:08:28 PM4/29/14
to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to register for a table and plan on bringing a bunch of my
Machinekit / LinuxCNC and BeagleBone stuff. If anyone wants to join me,
or wants to setup more of a group presence, speak up.

On 4/29/2014 1:56 PM, Luis E. Rodriguez wrote:
> I'm officially requesting that all you awesome hackers sign up for a booth
> at Maker Faire Kansas City! June 28-29! Free for sharing what you love and
> teaching a skill. Selling anything costs $150, nonprofits pay $50.
>
> www.makerfairekc.com/application/
>
> Sorry for hijacking the thread, I just remember how cool Charle's stuff is!
> LinuxCNC W00t!
>
> Luis Rodriguez
> Maker Faire Producer
>

> Luis E. Rodriguez
> Are you a Maker? <http://www.makerfairekc.com/>

Luis Rodriguez

Apr 29, 2014, 11:54:59 PM4/29/14
to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com
Right on! Each booth has one Maker and four assitants. The key is to just sign up for a booth!

Luis Rodriguez
lrodrig...@gmail.com

Charles Steinkuehler

May 2, 2014, 5:01:21 PM5/2/14
to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com
Maker Faire Mash-up idea:

If we get the line drawing arm working in time, combine it with some
photo to edge software and send folks home with machine-drawn "photos"

On 4/29/2014 4:08 PM, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
> I'm going to register for a table and plan on bringing a bunch of my
> Machinekit / LinuxCNC and BeagleBone stuff. If anyone wants to join me,
> or wants to setup more of a group presence, speak up.

--
Charles Steinkuehler

Bob Cutler

May 2, 2014, 6:00:47 PM5/2/14
to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I'm here!

James Michael Dupont

May 2, 2014, 7:14:57 PM5/2/14

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:56:27 PM UTC-5, Luis Rodriguez [CCCKC] wrote:
I'm officially requesting that all you awesome hackers sign up for a booth at Maker Faire Kansas City! June 28-29! Free for sharing what you love and teaching a skill. Selling anything costs $150, nonprofits pay $50.

I requested a table for http://flosokaks.thefr33.com/ as a non profit and they did not  even reply.
mike

transcendtient

May 2, 2014, 8:21:19 PM5/2/14
to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com
How do we keep our nefarious projects secret if we don't have a secret place to talk about them?

Luis E. Rodriguez

May 2, 2014, 11:07:13 PM5/2/14
to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. Acceptance emails went out. I'll check. "They" is me. :)

I remember the app.
--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Topeka Hackerspace group. To post to this group, send email to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to topeka-hackersp...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/topeka-hackerspace?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Topeka Hackerspace" group.

Mike Dupont

May 2, 2014, 11:19:04 PM5/2/14
to topeka-hackerspace

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 7:21 PM, transcendtient <transce...@gmail.com> wrote:
How do we keep our nefarious projects secret if we don't have a secret place to talk about them?

for flossk we have a public mailing list and a private mailing list, you can create one as well.
But listen, what is the point in having a hacklab with no visibility. the more visibility you have the better chances that people will want to join you cause they can see all the great things you are doing and you inspire them.

--
James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://www.flossk.org

Mike Dupont

May 2, 2014, 11:24:07 PM5/2/14
to topeka-ha...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 10:07 PM, Luis E. Rodriguez <lrodrig...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll check. "They" is me. :)

Ok, well I would like to setup a table to present the floss kansas organization and recruit members. I will be showing openstreetmap, wikipedia and other projects as well. I would like to put out flyers for all the different open source and hacklabs from kansas as well and invite people to join my table.
mike