Rechargable batteries.

Chrome Tuna

May 8, 2014, 2:52:28 AM5/8/14
to topeka-hackerspace
Ive got a couple of small (And large) projects I am considering.

One is very very simple, more of a repair. I got some of those little solar powered yard lights. The batteries are dead (I think they are lithium ion, but they could be nicad. But does that really make a difference?) and are AA sized.
So those be found in old laptop batteries? And can someone donate a handfull or two to me?

The other much larger and more involved project is a 3-wheeled electric bike, and will need a pretty big beefy battery (24 v? 48 v?) and use solar AND generator/regenerative breaking to charge the batteries.