Updating .ttl in Top Braid Live

Barton Petersen

Apr 10, 2015, 12:27:51 PM4/10/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
My understanding of how to update a project in TBL is zip the project and remove everything you don't want to change.  Then upload this .zip with the setting for 'update project'.

So with that in mind, I had to change some of the labels in an ontology I've built.  So I zipped the project and put in the modified .ttl and uploaded to the server.  But the queries are still returning the old values.  I refreshed the workspace, still no changes.  I reset all the caches, still no changes.  Finally, I had our admin restart the top braid live instance and then the changes finally took effect.

Is it possible to modify a .ttl and have the server recognize those changes short of restarting the process?

Bart

TBL Version 4.6.1

Barton Petersen

May 26, 2015, 3:10:10 PM5/26/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
This is still an issue for our deployment process on TopBraid Live.  I've identified more information that may help in a resolution.  Basically our workflow is this:

1.) Identify select template that needs modification.
2.) Make modifications.
3.) Zip project with only that template.ttl file.
4.) Deploy to server by uploading project and setting it to update on upload.
5.) At this point it would be great if I could hit "Refresh Workspace" and have the new template take effect.  But instead...
6.) Restart server.  This causes the changes in the template file to take effect.

That step 6 causes some serious issues for us.  I don't have access to the server itself (DEV, QA, UAT, PROD), so I have to get another team involved.  It's even worse if we're on PROD because that needs to take place at night.

Bart

Barton Petersen

Aug 6, 2015, 11:46:01 AM8/6/15
to TopBraid Suite Users
I'm bumping this as it's becoming more of a problem for us.  Any resolution?  Were you able to fix this issue in an upcoming release?

Ankur Oberai

Aug 6, 2015, 3:29:20 PM8/6/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hello Barton,

This item is currently under active development.

Thanks,
Ankur

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include Enterprise Vocabulary Network (EVN), Reference Data Manager (RDM), TopBraid Composer, TopBraid Live, TopBraid Insight, SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

Regards,

Ankur Oberai
Semantic Solutions Developer