Modules listed in help reference not available (e.g. sml:ImportDirectoryWithTika)

rob.at...@surroundaustralia.com

Aug 28, 2017, 10:46:37 PM8/28/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
Having reviewed documentation, FAQs and discussion groups am left thoroughly confused by expectations here.

Looking to use a module that a colleague has previously used, using a clean install of Maestro 5.3 (

sml:ImportDirectoryWithTika)

This module isnt available so the script fails, and its not listed in the tree of available modules in edit script (Graph) mode.

Cant find anything in the IDE menus about importing or updating SPARWLMotion libraries.
Tried web site - there are no menu options that seem to provide a starting point.
Nothing obvious in FAQs

Looking at discussions here leads me a series of broken documentation links:

http://www.topquadrant.com/topbraid/composer/videos.html  - redirects to https://www.topquadrant.com/tools/IDE-topbraid-composer-maestro-edition/ with a reference to a intro video which redirects me back to this page.

Discussion groups suggest the onus is on me to import something  (using some unspecified method - there are many import options in TBC and its underlying Eclipse foundations)
:

"In order to make use of option 2 above, you need to import
http://topbraid.org/sparqlmotionfunctions  (prefix: smf)

which is now also part of the standard TopBraid ontology library.
Re-run this importer wizard to get local copies of these files.  When
you start from scratch, and use File > New > SPARQLMotion script, the
resulting script will also import smf and sml namespaces."

What does import mean here - I need to import this ontology into my specific project?  That doesnt make sense, but there is no other clue as to what i would import it into. Logic says perhaps the TobBraid project that is imported into my Workspace automatically, but that claims to be read only and already seems to have a file that matches this.

What "importer wizard" - i have found no mention of such a thing anywhere.

Tried FAQs.. found nothing about library imports except this:

How do I upgrade to the latest version of Composer?

This doesnt apply - as i have a clean install of a single version using the default workspace it set up...

Which also seems a very clunky thing - surely workspaces can include metadata about which version of TBC and an update function made available to do this?

where next and should one create tickets for all the little issues i have encountered on the way to trying to resolve this?

Holger Knublauch

Aug 28, 2017, 10:56:00 PM8/28/17
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

sorry for the trouble you have had. As a first aid, I tried creating a new SM script with 5.3 using the default settings and the module shows up for me:

One possible explanation is that you have a different selection under SM Module Library in the create dialog - please double-check.

We will look into the other issues, this is just to provide some quick help.

Holger

rob.at...@surroundaustralia.com

Aug 29, 2017, 2:20:42 AM8/29/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
Thanks Holger,

AFAICT this is not the issue (thought I am now a little wiser about those options :-)  - what you have highlighted is the default, which i would have used. I created a new file and made sure that option was checked, then went to Scripts and "create new script" and got the same result (not showing up)

One thing that is a little opaque and not what i initially expected - one  spmotion file may contain multiple scripts (?)  - it would be nice if create script gave you a warning what is was going to do - i opened it when having my existing script file open, and it just blanked the open Graph display.  The only place I can see where the set of scripts in the file are visible is in the Scripts/EditScript dialog - is there anywhere else it should be shown?

cheers
Rob

rob.at...@surroundaustralia.com

Aug 29, 2017, 2:23:18 AM8/29/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
ps. is there a way to change this setting for an existing script - perhaps just add

to the top of the file in text mode?

Holger Knublauch

Aug 29, 2017, 2:31:41 AM8/29/17

On 29/08/2017 16:23, rob.at...@surroundaustralia.com wrote:
ps. is there a way to change this setting for an existing script - perhaps just add

to the top of the file in text mode?

Adding the # imports line would not be sufficient - it also needs an owl:imports triple.

To add an import of the SM main file, just drag the file into the Imports view:

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 4:20:42 PM UTC+10, rob.at...@surroundaustralia.com wrote:
Thanks Holger,

AFAICT this is not the issue (thought I am now a little wiser about those options :-)  - what you have highlighted is the default, which i would have used. I created a new file and made sure that option was checked, then went to Scripts and "create new script" and got the same result (not showing up)

Which items show up in the Graph pallette depends on what's declared in the currently open file. Assuming you have directly or indirectly owl:imported sparqlmotionlib-tbc, I don't see why this should be missing. Is your workspace up to date with the files from 5.3?

One thing that is a little opaque and not what i initially expected - one  spmotion file may contain multiple scripts (?)

Yes there can be multiple scripts per file.

- it would be nice if create script gave you a warning what is was going to do - i opened it when having my existing script file open, and it just blanked the open Graph display.

The Graph display only shows scripts (visually) if the selected resource is also a SM module.

 The only place I can see where the set of scripts in the file are visible is in the Scripts/EditScript dialog - is there anywhere else it should be shown?

The edit scripts dialog is the right place.

HTH
Holger

cheers
Rob

rob.at...@surroundaustralia.com

Aug 29, 2017, 4:24:40 AM8/29/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
"Is your workspace up to date with the files from 5.3?"

I installed 5.3.0 from scratch ...

Holger Knublauch

Aug 29, 2017, 5:10:05 AM8/29/17
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
To help you further I'd need to see the files. I don't understand what's going on. Feel free to send me a copy off-list.

Thanks,
Holger

rob.at...@surroundaustralia.com

Aug 29, 2017, 8:39:11 PM8/29/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
thanks to Holger able to solve this:  Eclipse is quite happy to let you close the TopBraid project - which means when you reopen the Workspace all the imports came from the Web, not local files.  so two bugs to file please - 1) stop/warn if TopBroad project closed and 2) make web resources match local files.

Rob

Holger Knublauch

Aug 30, 2017, 12:32:47 AM8/30/17
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
From version 5.4 onwards, there will be a warning if the TopBraid project gets closed, and that project will be automatically re-opened with the next launch. In order to reduce the confusion with online copies of the namespaces, I am tempted to just delete the online copies of namespaces that are specific to specific TopBraid versions (and may confuse other versions), yet with the change above this hopefully becomes a non-issue and I don't want to potentially cause disruptions elsewhere.

Thanks
Holger

Rob Atkinson

Aug 30, 2017, 12:51:23 AM8/30/17
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
You could set the TB version in the client info in the HTTP header (if it doesnt already) and have your server deliver the right version of the resource for the client...

Should be safely backwards compatible if defaults stay the same.

Rob Atkinson

Location:  Wollongong - Australia (61)

Copyrights:
Surround Australia Pty Ltd is the copyright owner of all original content and attachments.
All rights reserved.

Confidentiality Notice:
The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it is addressed and may also be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it or its attachments in any form whatsoever. If you have received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.