Possible limitations when invoking SPARQLMotion scripts via a SPARQL endpoint

Dimitrios Tzannetos

Apr 13, 2018, 7:55:11 PM4/13/18
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi,

I am working in the research group of Dr. Steven Ray at CMU and I would like to ask whether any arbitrary SPARQLMotion script could be invoked via a SPARQL query to a SPARQL endpoint.

More specifically, we have several SPARQLMotion scripts and our system's architecture is such that the clients send SPARQL queries to an endpoint, which they call various SPIN functions that correspond to the registered functions of the SPARQLMotion scripts. This process seemed to work fine until a more complex SPARQLMotion script was deployed, involving an IterateOverSelect and BranchByASK modules (all other - still working - scripts don't include these modules). It seems that the flow of execution gets stuck on these two modules. However, there is no issue when this SPARQLMotion scripts is invoked 'directly' via a web-service call. Therefore, my question is whether there are any limitations regarding the modules that can be used in a SPARQLMotion script if it is invoked through a SPIN function call, like the one shown below:

SELECT ?answer

WHERE {

                BIND (<http://example.com/sripts/test#MyFunction>(?arg1) AS ?answer)

 }

If these limitations cannot be surpassed, are there any alternatives that support invocation through a SPARQL endpoint?

Thank you,
Dimitrios

Holger Knublauch

Apr 14, 2018, 3:51:06 AM4/14/18
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Are there any updates, ie changes made by this script? That would be against the contract of SPARQL functions. Also feel free to send me a copy off-list if you like.

Holger

Sent from my iPad