Novice install question

Gary Murphy

May 9, 2017, 11:02:41 AM5/9/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
Kind of embarrassing to first-post on an installation issue but ...

I'm running under Ubuntu 17 and Oracle Java 1.8, I installed the TopBraid under /opt/topbraid with my user account ownership, and I'm using a home-dir workspace as per the default, and everything appears to work, I can browse and edit with the application and my swp files render fine, but http://localhost:8083/tbl/ has no admin options, the screen only shows the TopBraid logo and...

TopBraid Suite Console version 5.3.0.v20170419-1607RUser: garym

TopBraid Live Personal Server

© Copyright 2016 TopQuadrant, Inc., All Rights ReservedSend Error Log to TQ
Support

what might I have missed in the installation? should the /opt/topbraid be owned and run as root or some specific system group? any and all advice is greatly appreciated :)

Pat Doyle

May 9, 2017, 11:04:57 AM5/9/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
Gary,

I believe this is due to the user you're currently logged in as not having admin privileges.  If you click on 'garym' in the top right, and put in 'Administrator' as your new username when prompted, then go back to that url, it should show the link to the server admin page.

Hope it helps,
Pat

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include the TopBraid Suite family of products and its base technologies such as SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

Gary Murphy

May 9, 2017, 11:11:12 AM5/9/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
Pat -- ah, yes, that does it!!

Silly me, I'd thought it was going to create a personal username with any string I gave it.  Now at last it's looking like it should.

Thanks :)