Import RDF file from the Web with Htaccess Authentication

Marco Neumann

May 22, 2017, 4:56:51 AM5/22/17
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
wrt: TBC ME 5.3.0

how does one specify username and password in the "Import RDF file
from the Web" wizard?

the following doesn't seem to work while it satisfies my web browser.

http://username:pass...@www.mydomain.org/file.rdf

best,
Marco

--

---
Marco Neumann

Holger Knublauch

May 22, 2017, 7:59:26 PM5/22/17
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marco,

this wizard is quite basic and doesn't support username/password at the
moment. You can always download a file by other means (such as your web
browser) and then copy them into the workspace - that's really all there
is behind that wizard, except that it also sets an Accept header to
application/rdf+xml, text/turtle

On 22/05/2017 18:56, Marco Neumann wrote:
> wrt: TBC ME 5.3.0
>
> how does one specify username and password in the "Import RDF file
> from the Web" wizard?
>
> the following doesn't seem to work while it satisfies my web browser.
>
> http://username:pass...@www.mydomain.org/file.rdf

You may be aware that some browsers also no longer support that pattern,
even if it's a convenient hack sometimes.

Holger

> best,
> Marco

Marco Neumann

May 23, 2017, 2:55:01 AM5/23/17
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
OK, thank you.

I have noticed that jena riot throws an exception as well with the
following message:

36/HAS_PASSWORD in USER: Including passwords in URIs is deprecated.

it might be a good idea to explore options at the jena list now since
htaccess still is a convenient way to add a basic security layer to
non public files for devs.

Marco