questions on disjoint classes

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Sep 28, 2015, 7:30:39 AM9/28/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Bart Bink (Bart@bink.nu)

1.      How can I define AllDisjointClasses? In TBC

-        “owl:members” is not showing automatically when instantiating owl:AllDisjointClasses.

-        And if you add it, filling in say (:Sub1 :Sub2 :Sub3) does not work

-        Even coping the right code in the code tab does not work

-        So there must be another way to do it I guess…..

2.      When I define disjoint class for class B at A, 2why do I not see it the other way round ?

a.      Does it need reasoning first?

Thx Michel

Dr. ir. H.M. (Michel) Bohms
Sr. Research Scientist
Structural Reliability

T +31 (0)88 866 31 07
M +31 (0)63 038 12 20
michel...@tno.nl

Location

Holger Knublauch

Sep 28, 2015, 6:50:14 PM9/28/15
On 9/28/2015 21:30, Bohms, H.M. (Michel) wrote:

1.      How can I define AllDisjointClasses? In TBC

-        “owl:members” is not showing automatically when instantiating owl:AllDisjointClasses.

Yes, this is because the rdfs:domain of owl:members is rdfs:Resource, and the OWL metamodel doesn't tell us that this property is supposed to work with owl:AllDisjointClasses etc only. To see that property, use the Add widget for property button.

-        And if you add it, filling in say (:Sub1 :Sub2 :Sub3) does not work

The syntax expected by TBC is [item1, item2, ...] as shown in the screenshot:

-        Even coping the right code in the code tab does not work

-        So there must be another way to do it I guess…..

2.      When I define disjoint class for class B at A, 2why do I not see it the other way round ?

a.      Does it need reasoning first?

Yes to see the inverse values of a symmetric property, you'd need to run inferencing, e.g. the SPIN OWL RL rules. With SPIN OWL RL, note that you need to configure inferencing to also include the RDF/OWL system triples, and to activate Complete Mode.

HTH
Holger

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Sep 29, 2015, 3:33:04 AM9/29/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Bart Bink (Bart@bink.nu)

Thx Holger,

That worked….

Where could I have find this info ?

I tried:

http://www.topquadrant.com/docs/TBC-Getting-Started-Guide40.pdf (version suggetsed 40 but actually 4.5)

http://www.topquadrant.com/resources/knowledge-assets/docs/TBC_FeaturesOverview.pdf (version 3.5...)

help info (it says only:

“Note that OWL 2 provides an additional construct to conveniently define a class as the union of multiple disjoint classes.”)

Thx michel

Dr. ir. H.M. (Michel) Bohms
Sr. Research Scientist
Structural Reliability

T +31 (0)88 866 31 07
M +31 (0)63 038 12 20
michel...@tno.nl

Location

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include Enterprise Vocabulary Network (EVN), Reference Data Manager (RDM), TopBraid Composer, TopBraid Live, TopBraid Insight, SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---