Project Upload in TBL with .sdb Files

Barton Petersen

Feb 24, 2015, 6:24:37 PM2/24/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
I would like to simulate a (production) deploy where the person doing the deployment (potentially off shore) does not have access to TBL-ME and where I don't have direct access to a TBL server.  Looks like this should be easy because there is a "Project Upload" link in TBL and I could just give a .zip of the project to offshore, but Project Upload comes with a warning:  "if the project contains connection files (such as .sdb) please upload directly from TopBraid Composer."

The way it's written seems like it's more a suggestion than a demand.  What are the implications of doing a project upload this way when .sdb files are involved?

Bart

Scott Henninger

Feb 24, 2015, 10:45:45 PM2/24/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Bart, I think that message reflects some previous limitations that no longer have relevance. We'll take it up as an issue.

Meanwhile, your scenario should work fine. As long as the SDB connector is the same in EVN and TBC-ME (via EVN Config Params), the respective systems will point to the same data on the back-end.

-- Scott

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include Enterprise Vocabulary Network (EVN), Reference Data Manager (RDM), TopBraid Composer, TopBraid Live, TopBraid Insight, SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---