basket deep instance

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Apr 23, 2018, 5:49:30 AM4/23/18
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Can I do an instance copy to the basket that also copies its referenced other individuals etc.? (kind of deep copy).

Just to select a complete instance from a large set of instances?

(or are there better way to do this?)

Thx Michel

Dr. ir. H.M. (Michel) Böhms
Senior Data Scientist

+31888663107
+31630381220
michel...@tno.nl

Location

Holger Knublauch

Apr 23, 2018, 5:56:49 AM4/23/18
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
You mean a Clone operation, e.g. right-click on an instance in the Instances view and then Clone?

Holger

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Apr 23, 2018, 5:59:18 AM4/23/18
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Well, kind of, like to clone to outside (say to other file).

From a large data file I want to select 1 toplevel instance with all its dependent data (one roadsegment, referencing a geometry, consisting of point list for example).

Holger Knublauch

Apr 23, 2018, 6:19:37 AM4/23/18
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Can you use SPARQL CONSTRUCTs (or INSERTs) for such operations?

Holger

Irene Polikoff

Apr 23, 2018, 6:43:14 AM4/23/18
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
I think he means putting multiple resources into a basket by dragging into it a single resource.

If I understand it correctly, the word ‘copy’ as used here doesn’t really mean ‘copy’ - it means place in a basket.

Sent from my iPhone

On 23/04/2018 19:49, Bohms, H.M. (Michel) wrote:

Can I do an instance copy to the basket that also copies its referenced other individuals etc.? (kind of deep copy).

Just to select a complete instance from a large set of instances?

(or are there better way to do this?)

Thx Michel

Dr. ir. H.M. (Michel) Böhms
Senior Data Scientist

+31888663107
+31630381220
michel...@tno.nl

Location

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Apr 23, 2018, 6:52:24 AM4/23/18
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

I will give an example to clarify. Attached is a data file that describes one road in NL (the Rijksweg number 3).

In the file there are many road segments that make up this road.

To explain the data (and underlying ontology) I just want to select one RoadSement say :wvk216252006”.

This instance refers beside some data, to two junctions (no further data here only of topological interest) and one anonymous geometry which has as content a coordinate and a next coordinate (etc.) making up a line string.

Instead of just doing the several copy/paste actions from the file myself (or in tbc doing many basket actions) I am looking for a kind of deep clone: when I select the toplevel roadsegment of interest, all depenednt data comes with it.(as a kind of complete subgraph).

Hope this clarifies, thx Michel

Dr. ir. H.M. (Michel) Böhms
Senior Data Scientist

+31888663107
+31630381220
michel...@tno.nl

Location

Apr 23, 2018, 7:03:00 AM4/23/18
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Probablyjust thought it was just such a generic functionality that might be done more direct/more-highlevel.

( I was indeed also thinking how such a generic select/construct would look like giving all properties of a given instance fully recursively.)

Tips welcome