TopBraid and SRWL Rules

Bernard Chabot

Oct 1, 2015, 2:07:53 PM10/1/15
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hello,

How TopBraid is dealing with SRWL Rules ?

Best Regards

Bernard

Holger Knublauch

Oct 1, 2015, 4:30:22 PM10/1/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include Enterprise Vocabulary Network (EVN), Reference Data Manager (RDM), TopBraid Composer, TopBraid Live, TopBraid Insight, SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Oct 2, 2015, 11:21:59 AM10/2/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Can we now have same statement but than SPIN>SHACL …..?

David Price

Oct 2, 2015, 11:52:07 AM10/2/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
WRT SHACL:

http://www.topquadrant.com/2015/07/29/shacl-the-next-generation-data-modeling-language/

is a good place to start. In that article it says:

The latest release of TopBraid Composer 5.0 includes experimental SHACL support to help early adopters, and to collect feedback for the specification itself. TopQuadrant's serious commitment to SHACL is also highlighted by the TopBraid SHACL API, which is hosted as an open source Java project on GitHub. SHACL can be regarded as the more ambitious next generation of TopQuadrant's SPIN technology, which has been in successful use for many years.

Cheers,
David

Irene Polikoff

Oct 2, 2015, 12:36:37 PM10/2/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
And, btw, the first public working draft for SHACL is now published http://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/shacl/ and open for comments.

Irene Polikoff

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Oct 2, 2015, 1:15:49 PM10/2/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Ths, I have a futher look into it.

So far I have just many questions like

- why not have (just) a closed world interpretation of owl”. (and cleanly add more restriction power)

- Why compete with owl? (yes you can mix but that sounds not elegant)….

- Suppose shacl will defeat owl….arent we gonne miss the open world advantages of owl? (which certainly are there I guess.)?

- Is there some analysis out there comparing pros/cons owl/shacle or some common future into yetanotheracronym?

- what about RIF or OWL+RIF?

- doesn’t shacl compromise the basic principle of anybody can say anything about anything

- can we split the world neatly into CWA and OWA needs?

Well, all rethorical, for now…

Thx again michel

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Oct 2, 2015, 1:20:33 PM10/2/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Thx, I guess it’ll answers some of my eralier questions…..michel

Irene Polikoff

Oct 2, 2015, 1:58:45 PM10/2/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

This type of questions are more likely to be answered by

And the requirements document

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone