EVN defect: Non Roman characters have disintegrated

sanjeev devireddy

Jun 30, 2017, 3:09:41 AM6/30/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hello,
   Our Data Steward reported an issue that all the preferred labels now are appearing as ????, where previously they had rendered beautifully in their respective Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Cyrillic ... also, diacritics in Roman-char languages are buggered. Is there any way to restore them?
Could anyone please help?

Thanks,
Sanjeev

Richard Cyganiak

Jul 3, 2017, 9:49:58 AM7/3/17
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sanjeev,

On 30 Jun 2017, at 08:09, sanjeev devireddy <deviredd...@gmail.com> wrote:

   Our Data Steward reported an issue that all the preferred labels now are appearing as ????, where previously they had rendered beautifully in their respective Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Cyrillic ... also, diacritics in Roman-char languages are buggered. Is there any way to restore them?
Could anyone please help?

What changed between the time when it worked and the time when it stopped working? Was EVN upgraded? Was some other relevant software upgraded on the server where EVN runs or on the data steward’s computer?

What version of EVN is this?

Does the problem only affect the data steward, or is it “buggered” for other EVN users too?

What browser is being used to access EVN?

Can we get a screenshot that shows the problem?

Best,
Richard

Thanks,
Sanjeev