what is Topbraid

kumar...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2015, 8:52:35 AM9/9/15
to TopBraid Suite Users

Hello I am very new to this list and Topbraid. I want to ask what actually it is and its alternative? I mean it is the replacement of Protege or Jena or I am completely wrong? I have studied it a little bit but still confuse.

Regards

David Price

Sep 9, 2015, 9:11:35 AM9/9/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kumar,

Please review the information under “Products” at http://www.topquadrant.com/ and look at some of the videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/TopQuadrant to understand a bit about what the TB tools are and can do.

Cheers,
David

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include Enterprise Vocabulary Network (EVN), Reference Data Manager (RDM), TopBraid Composer, TopBraid Live, TopBraid Insight, SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

Irene Polikoff

Sep 9, 2015, 10:47:05 AM9/9/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Kumar,

One can consider TopBraid Composer Standard Edition to be a replacement for Protege as far as modeling tools go. TBC Maestro Edition has a lot of additional functionality for developing applications based on Semantic Web/Linked Data standards  (web services, etc.) and is often used as an IDE for TopQuadrant's server products which include:

TopBraid EVN - for collaborative vocabulary development and use of these vocabularies for tagging documents, improving search, content navigation, etc.

TopBraid RDM - for governance of reference data and provisioning it to enterprise applications.

Both EVN and TDM could also be used for metadata management/data lineage.

TopBraid Insight - for federated query, accessing distributed data sources as if they were in one place.

TopBraid Live is the underlying application server all the above products are build on top of.

This is just a short summary, there is more on the website, as David suggested.

One could create services using TopBraid technologies such as SPIN, SWP and SPARQMotion faster and easier than using Jena and without having to use Java - higher level development more people could use. So, in some sense, one could consider it a "replacement", but it is a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

Sent from my iPhone