Configuring default widgets for Resource form

Mikael Pesonen

Dec 12, 2016, 8:41:45 AM12/12/16
to TopBraid Suite Users

Hi,

is this possible? We are using Composer (free edition) for managing SKOS vocabularies and need to add skos:definition for each concept. At the moment we have to click "Add widget for property" every time to display the skos:definition field.

Br,
Mikael Pesonen
Lingsoft

Irene Polikoff

Dec 12, 2016, 9:19:54 AM12/12/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Configuring custom forms is available in the standard edition.

Alternatively, you could enhance SKOS to specify domain for skos:definition to be skos:Concept. SHACL constraint may work as well.

Sent from my iPhone
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include the TopBraid Suite family of products and its base technologies such as SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

Mikael Pesonen

Dec 12, 2016, 9:49:52 AM12/12/16
to TopBraid Suite Users
Thank you for the reply. Is the default form currently defined with SHACL? If so is it a file that we can edit?

Br,
Mikael

Irene Polikoff

Dec 12, 2016, 10:06:07 AM12/12/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
No, the default form is not configured. It is auto-generated based on what is said in the model about properties applicable for a class.

Only custom forms are configured to support custom ordering of properties, placing them in section and to “override” what is or may be is not in the model.

Mikael Pesonen

Dec 13, 2016, 9:44:16 AM12/13/16
to TopBraid Suite Users

Okay. How could we utilize SHACL contraint then?

Br,
Mikael

Irene Polikoff

Dec 13, 2016, 10:55:37 AM12/13/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
It is explained in the help.

In summary:
  • To create a new Shapes file, use File > New > SHACL Shapes File....
  • In the create wizard check to include SKOS
  • Navigate to skos:Concept in the Classes view and click to show it in the form
  • Use the button Enable SHACL constraints for this class in the upper right corner of the form
  • Now, use Create property constraint... from the context menu behind sh:property on the form
  • In the wizard, type skos:definition in the predicate field, click OK. This simply associates the property with the class without placing any other constraints on it

When you are creating your instances, owl:import your shapes file instead of or in addition to the SKOS vocabulary.

You will now see skos:definition field under the Annotations section on the form for skos:Concept instances