Procedure to take back up of EVN instance/application

sanjeev devireddy

Apr 14, 2017, 10:17:50 AM4/14/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi,
    First time we are going to deploy a project from our local composer to our pilot EVN instance, which is the only one environment available for our team. In that EVN instance our stakeholders are creating/loading taxonomies/vocabularies/ontologies. And one more thing is that the local composer EVN version( 5.2.0.v20161005-1650R) is higher than the our pilot EVN version is Version 5.1.x (5.1.4.v20160602-1043R). Does it cause any issue?

 As per the documentation given at http://www.topquadrant.com/docs/5.1/EVN-Methods-to-Deploy-Projects-to-Servers_1802580.html#EVNMethodstoDeployProjectstoServers-Appendix:WebServicesForDeployment it seems to be a pretty straight forward procedure to deploy a project to a server. But as I said earlier since we have only one EVN instance available so we want to take take a back up of the existing EVN application/instance before deploying a project.

Could some one please throw some light here?

Thanks,
sanjeev

Pat Doyle

Apr 14, 2017, 11:20:42 AM4/14/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
Sanjeev,

To back up the instance - you'll just want to back up the workspace folder and the database.  More information on this can be found here:

If deploying from 5.2 to 5.1.4 - it is possible that you could run into issues, depending on the types of projects you're deploying, as things could have changed between versions.  It would probably be recommended to upgrade the EVN instance to 5.2.

For migrating the current instance from 5.1.4 to 5.2, you can follow the steps here:

Hope it helps,
Pat

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include the TopBraid Suite family of products and its base technologies such as SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

sanjeev devireddy

Apr 20, 2017, 6:24:27 AM4/20/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
Thanks Pat, for the information.
      Our stake holders decided to upgrade our pilot EVN instance to 5.2. Then we will try deploying the projects from our local to pilot EVN instance.

Thanks,
sanjeev