Batch update on the OWL file with rdfs:label property

Shreelakshmi G.M

May 22, 2015, 6:15:55 AM5/22/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
I need to add rdfs:label property to all the classes in my OWL ontology.
And my ontology is very huge and there are many classes. So, this cant be done manually to each and every class.
Is there a way to do this in Top Braid Composer.\

Thanks,
Shreelakshmi

David Price

May 22, 2015, 6:37:47 AM5/22/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
SPARQL Construct

CONSTRUCT {
?class rdfs:label ?label .
}
WHERE
{ ?class a owl:Class .
FILTER (add namespace filter if needed)
BIND(functions making label go here  AS ?label)
}

You can run this in the SPARQL pane and add triples from there, or you could define something like the above as a SPIN rule on owl:Class .

Cheers,
David
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include Enterprise Vocabulary Network (EVN), Reference Data Manager (RDM), TopBraid Composer, TopBraid Live, TopBraid Insight, SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

Irene Polikoff

May 22, 2015, 11:06:53 AM5/22/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Also, after you are sure your query is producing results you want, you can change CONSTRUCT to INSERT. This way, you will not have to do the extra step of asserting the triples into your graph from the SPARQL view menu.

Regards,

Irene Polikoff

Shreelakshmi G.M

Jun 3, 2015, 4:58:51 AM6/3/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Thanks David and Irene, I could insert the rdfs:label to all the classes of my ontology using SPARQL query.