Instances in Ontology - EDG

Nikos Trokanas

Mar 19, 2018, 12:02:07 PM3/19/18
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hello,

I am trying to edit instances in an ontology file in EDG (evaluation).

Although against good practice, is it possible to increase the number of instances displayed or search all instances of the ontology?

Thanks,

Nikos

Irene Polikoff

Mar 19, 2018, 12:50:54 PM3/19/18
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Pre 5.5, there used to be a drop down to set the number of instances shown in the results table in the ontology editor - under the class tree and under the search form. It was removed in 5.5 to save space as we moved to a new table component which takes a bit more vertical space for the header.

If you try glossaries or ref datasets or any tabular oriented editors, you will see this option on top.

We already had some users complain about the decision to remove it in the context of ontology editor, so we will be bringing the feature back in 5.5.1.

Having said this, you’d probably be best served by keeping the instances either as enumerations or as a plain dataset.

Sent from my iPhone

Nikos Trokanas

Mar 19, 2018, 2:32:27 PM3/19/18
to TopBraid Suite Users
Thanks for that Irene.

We 'll probably keep them separate but this sounds like a nice to have feature.