Can't start TopBraid Maestro edition

Patrick Jackman

Dec 12, 2011, 8:44:09 AM12/12/11
to TopBraid Suite Users
Has anyone ever got a message like this when trying to start TopBraid
Maestro Edition? If so how do you fix it?
Thanks

!SESSION Mon Dec 12 11:15:57 GMT 2011
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2011-12-12 11:15:57.312
!MESSAGE Could not find extension:
reference:file:org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.hook_1.0.0.v20100503.jar
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2011-12-12 11:15:57.359
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:616)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:
1407)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:
1383)

Bob Ducharme

Dec 12, 2011, 12:48:00 PM12/12/11
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Patrick,

I've seen similar messages if a few bytes got mangled while I was
downloading a TBC distribution. I would suggest downloading again, comparing
your two downloaded files (at least compare the file size, but if you have a
diff utility that will tell you if there are differences even if the file
sizes are the same), and re-installing with the new download.

Bob DuCharme
TopQuadrant

Derek S

Jan 5, 2012, 7:08:12 AM1/5/12
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi Bob,

Patrick has downloaded and rerun with the same error occurring. Is it
likely that java config may cause this? If so what should patrick
check before installing?

Cheers
Derek

On Dec 12 2011, 5:48 pm, "Bob Ducharme" <bducha...@topquadrant.com>

Bob DuCharme

Jan 5, 2012, 9:03:37 AM1/5/12
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Derek,

Can you tell me exactly which distribution he downloaded and how big, in bytes, the downloaded version was?

thanks,

Bob

Scott Henninger

Jan 5, 2012, 11:15:56 AM1/5/12
to TopBraid Suite Users
Patrick, Derek; It's also vitally important to let us know what
version and edition of Composer is being used, as well as the OS. For
example, Unix-based systems often default to Open JDK, but Sun/Oracle
JDK is required for Composer (see http://www.topquadrant.com/products/supportedPlatforms3.5.html).
This could be a potential issue, as there may be differences in class
loaders that would cause the error message.

-- Scott