TopBraid 4.6.3 Release Announcement

Scott Henninger

Mar 27, 2015, 5:46:02 PM3/27/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce availability of TopBraid 4.6.3.  This maintenance release refines the inclusion of metadata types for TopBraid RDM and provides a mechanism for defining default view with data inclusion for TopBraid EVN.   It also includes an improvement for connection management with Oracle RDF in support of TopBraid platform and products.

For complete information on the contents of the release see the release notes at:
   http://www.topquadrant.com/docs/versions/changes-4.6.3.txt

Kind regards,

The TopBraid Team

Aqualung

Apr 29, 2015, 5:56:11 PM4/29/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Jeff Edwards, lyons...@epa.gov
Dear Scott, I am currently using TBCME 4.6.3 (trial) in a RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.6 (Santiago) environment with an 8GB Xmx. Composer crashes reliably when clicking the "Source Code" tab on a 60MB .ttl ontology (the .ttl version of chebi.owl).

Cheers,

Christian

Holger Knublauch

Apr 29, 2015, 6:30:34 PM4/29/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

with "crashing" do you mean it just quits or is there any error message? Also, which resource is selected when you switch to the Source Code tab - are you still at the owl:Ontology instance or did you navigate to some "large" resource?

For very large files please consider usin the "streaming loader" Import wizard to TDB - obviously there are memory limitations at some stage with Turtle files.

Thanks
Holger
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include Enterprise Vocabulary Network (EVN), Reference Data Manager (RDM), TopBraid Composer, TopBraid Live, TopBraid Insight, SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

Aqualung

Apr 30, 2015, 10:17:47 AM4/30/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Cristian Cocos, Jeff Edwards, lyons...@epa.gov
TBC just quits, no error message, no nothing. This happens regardless of the currently selected entity/resource, hence it also happens at the owl:Ontology instance.

To replicate this: (1) download chebi.owl, (2) import it into TBC, (3) turn it into .ttl (patience as it takes a while), (4) delete the original .owl file, (5) load the .ttl file, (6) navigate to some entity (or just stay on the Ontology form), and finally, (7) click the "Source Code" tab.

Aqualung

Apr 30, 2015, 10:50:11 AM4/30/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Edward...@epa.gov, lyons...@epa.gov
Followup: tried opening chebi.ttl in TBC's text editor with the same outcome--namely TBC crashes/quits. It may be that the text editor that comes with TBC cannot handle large files. Will give your "streaming loader" idea a try. (Note that Linux's gedit doesn't seem to have a problem with the .ttl file.)

Mark Graham

Apr 30, 2015, 11:00:53 AM4/30/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Cristian Cocos, Jeff Edwards, lyons...@epa.gov
Hi Christian,

When you can please send this TBC log file. Thanks.

TBCME Log Location

/Users/<path>TBCMEworkspace/.metadata/.log

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Graham
TopQuadrant Support

Cristian Cocos

Apr 30, 2015, 1:24:04 PM4/30/15
to Mark Graham, topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Jeff Edwards, Dave Lyons
I could find no .log file at the location you indicated. (Yes, I have displayed hidden files and all that. Also, I imagine that by "TBCMEWorkspace" you mean my (currently one and only) TBC workspace, right?) Alternatively, I could upload the chebi.ttl file to the cloud, so you could take a stab at it yourself.

"People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk." -- Stephen King

Irene Polikoff

Apr 30, 2015, 3:00:20 PM4/30/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Mark Graham, Jeff Edwards, Dave Lyons
Cristian, if you can’t find the log file, you could open TBC, select Window > Show View menu and click on the Error Log. Once this view opens, one of its menu items allows you to save the log into a location of your choice.

Regards,

Irene Polikoff

Cristian Cocos

Apr 30, 2015, 3:56:24 PM4/30/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Mark Graham, Jeff Edwards, Dave Lyons
The "Error Log" is clean, which is maybe why there is no log file on the hard drive in the first place. No error entry is generated following the crash.

Same behavior noticed when clicking on the "SPARQL" tab: TBC quits abruptly, with no error message. Again, looks like a text editor issue to me.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "TopBraid Suite Users" group.