Trying to invoke the TopSPIN reasoner from another process

Steve Ray (CMU)

Nov 21, 2016, 12:55:59 PM11/21/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

            Could someone point me to some documentation that describes how to invoke the TopSPIN reasoner via a RESTful call?

I’m aware that I could write a SPARQLMotion script and call it as a web service, or I could use SWP, but is there a more direct way to just invoke the reasoner?

- Steve

Steven R. Ray, Ph.D.

Distinguished Research Fellow

Carnegie Mellon University

NASA Research Park

Building 23 (MS 23-11)

P.O. Box 1
Moffett Field, CA 94305-0001

Email:    stev...@sv.cmu.edu

Phone: (650) 587-3780

Cell:      (202) 316-6481

Skype: steverayconsulting

cid:A9ED74CE-68DA-4276-847C-3C08B21B97C0@wv.cc.cmu.edu

image001.png

Irene Polikoff

Nov 21, 2016, 4:11:19 PM11/21/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

You'll need to give the reasoner some input parameters and other info - what data to work on, where are the rules, what to do with the results. This is why a script is needed - to capture this info.

The SM script could be very small - just to get input and deal with the output and, of course, "run TopSPIN" module in between.

Regards,

Irene Polikoff

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include the TopBraid Suite family of products and its base technologies such as SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---