Add 3rd party inference engine support

PL. Miraglia

Oct 3, 2016, 3:20:28 PM10/3/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I see a mention that 3rd party inference engines could be added via new plugins, but I can't find plugin developer's documentation.  Is it possible to build such a thing?

Thank you much,

--
Pierluigi

Holger Knublauch

Oct 3, 2016, 7:46:17 PM10/3/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pierluigi,

TopBraid offers a number of extension points using the standard Eclipse/Equinox plugin framework. A few years back we did officially support a number of these extension points but then reduced that number to reduce maintenance costs (and there wasn't much interest in those extensions anyway). So we are not offering "official" support for this particular extension point. You could, however, write a plugin against extension point org.topbraid.core.inferenceEngines using standard Eclipse techniques. Basically declare a plugin to depend on org.topbraid.core and implement the interface org.topbraid.inference.IInferenceEngine.

Holger
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include the TopBraid Suite family of products and its base technologies such as SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

Holger Knublauch

Oct 6, 2016, 3:38:16 AM10/6/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
From your previous message it sounds like you are primarily interested in the Jena Rules support. We still have the source code of that plugin from older versions. Would you like to get a copy of that source code?

Holger

Jack Hodges

Oct 6, 2016, 7:53:23 AM10/6/16
to TopBraid Suite Users
Sign me up. Thanks.

Jack

Pierluigi Miraglia

Oct 6, 2016, 10:20:31 AM10/6/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Holger, that would be very helpful, thank you, even though we view SPIN as the better solution and plan to migrate out of Jena rules use at some point.

--
Pierluigi

> On Oct 6, 2016, at 7:53 AM, Jack Hodges <jhodg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sign me up. Thanks.
>
> Jack

Holger Knublauch

Oct 6, 2016, 8:15:25 PM10/6/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Attached is the source code of the Jena Rules inferencing plugin for
TopBraid 5.1.x. I cannot claim that it works for 5.2, and one of the
reasons why we discontinued this plugin was the cost of keeping it alive
with the latest Jena upgrade. In any case, it might be a starting point
for anyone who wants to create something similar.

The source code is provided without any further support.

Holger
org.topbraid.rules.zip