Converting SHACL constraints (sh:sparql) to SHACL templates

Jack Hodges

Aug 25, 2016, 4:01:47 PM8/25/16
to TopBraid Suite Users
I want to convert some of my SHACL sh:sparql queries into SHACL templates. When I do, at least in one case, I am getting a 'has no registered function factory' error. This template is defined in a .spin.ttl file but its rdf:type is sh:ConstraintTemplate. Could this be causing the problem? I can always put the SPARQL back into the SHACL constraint but would like to reuse this functionality across classes.

Jack

Holger Knublauch

Aug 25, 2016, 7:59:04 PM8/25/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Given that you are talking about SHACL templates, I assume you are on 5.1 (these have been renamed to ConstraintComponents in 5.2 and the SHACL spec). To use SHACL templates/constraint components, make sure that the graph is owl:imported. Declaring them in a .spin. file will not be sufficient and .spin. is only for SPIN things anyway.

Holger

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include the TopBraid Suite family of products and its base technologies such as SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

Jack Hodges

Aug 26, 2016, 5:50:39 PM8/26/16
to TopBraid Suite Users
Many apologies. I was not aware that 5.2 is available. I looked on the downloads page and didn't see it. Was there a pre-production beta version that you announced that I didn't see (or saw and forgot)?

Jack

Holger Knublauch

Aug 26, 2016, 6:56:45 PM8/26/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
We plan to release a beta version of 5.2 in the next two weeks, although these exact dates are often hard to predict due to last minute change requests. You did not miss an announcement.

Holger