tweaking d2r mappings

donundeen

Jun 30, 2008, 12:00:34 PM6/30/08
to TopBraid Composer Users
Hi,
I'm working on a connection to my Mssql database from TBC, using D2r.

From a previous installation of D2r, I've developed a mapping file
that identifies all the relationships for a useful subset of data in
the RDB.

I'm trying to figure out how to use this mapping file in TBC. When I
go to do an import of "OWL/RDFS View on Relational Database via
D2RQ," there's nowhere for me to specify "use this existing mapping
file:" So my approach has been to generated the default mapping, and
then replace it with my mapping file. I go into the the text of the
*.d2rq file and change the name of the mapping file listed there.

However, this doesn't seem to work for me. When I run the *-Test.owl
file (to generate the imported statements), it still wants to run the
old mapping file, even if I've changed the name of that file.

Also, my old mapping file doesn't have any corresponding *-Schema.owl
file; I don't need one for d2r-server.

Anyone have any advice on this, how to replace my current mapping file
with a new one?

thanks!

Smith, Tim

Jun 30, 2008, 12:34:54 PM6/30/08
to topbraid-co...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I downloaded 2.6 this morning and receive the following error when I try to install it:

C:\Program Files\TopBraidComposerME\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.chart.engine_2.2.2.r222_v20071221.jar

Could not create this file.  Shall I try again?

Clicking Yes just displays the same error.

Clicking No results in a java.util.zip.ZipException with the following stack trace from the log file.  The install quits at that point.

Cancelling rolls back the changes and then exits.

First I tried installing into the existing TBC-ME directory.  In that case it removed the previous version and tried to install the new one.  Then I tried installing into a new location only to receive the same errors.

I tried all of this after a clean boot.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Tim

Exception:

java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry CRC (expected 0xdaf67cc1 but got 0xb7be7b1c)

      at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.readEnd(Unknown Source)

      at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

      at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.closeEntry(Unknown Source)

      at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.getNextEntry(Unknown Source)

      at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.content.ContentInstaller.installContent(Unknown Source)

      at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.content.ContentInstaller.doStandardInstallation(Unknown Source)

      at com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.InstallFilesAction.install(Unknown Source)

      at com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextImpl.performActionInt(Unknown Source)

      at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.performAction(Unknown Source)

      at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.executeActions(Unknown Source)

      at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.handleCommand(Unknown Source)

      at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.start(Unknown Source)

      at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.main(Unknown Source)

      at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

      at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

image001.jpg

Scott Henninger

Jun 30, 2008, 12:40:42 PM6/30/08
to TopBraid Composer Users
The best piece of advice is to run the import wizard for TBC and use
those mappings and schema files. TBC creates the mapping and schema
files automatically. If you need to tweak the mappings, start with
the file generated by TBC instead of trying to replace it.

TBC is an alternative for D2R server and as such has different
requirements for displaying information. Hence the schema is
necessary and the mapping definitions may differ from those generated
by D2R alone, as TBC creates structures that enhance and correct
errors in D2R.

-- Scott

Holger Knublauch

Jun 30, 2008, 1:01:55 PM6/30/08
to topbraid-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim

this has been reported before by several people in various occasions.
Apparently the download gets corrupted and you would need to try to
download again. I have no idea why this happens still, even after we
have moved to another provider (box.net). We will look into alternative
installers as soon as possible.

Holger

Smith, Tim wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I downloaded 2.6 this morning and receive the following error when I try
> to install it:

Smith, Tim

Jun 30, 2008, 1:38:28 PM6/30/08
to topbraid-co...@googlegroups.com
Ahhh... Yes... I do remember this issue. I downloaded it again and it's
fine now.

Tim

donundeen

Jun 30, 2008, 4:47:31 PM6/30/08
to TopBraid Composer Users
ok, thanks.
However, my auto-generated schema and mapping doesn't know anything at
all about foreign key relations, because it's interfacing with Mssql.
So those files have no examples of the expression of foreign keys, I
don't have anything to build off of, in terms of examples.
Any good documents or examples out there of schema and mapping files
with those relations expressed?

Thanks again
- Don

On Jun 30, 12:40 pm, Scott Henninger <shennin...@topquadrant.com>

Holger Knublauch

Jun 30, 2008, 5:13:29 PM6/30/08
to topbraid-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Don,

there is an ISWC example in chapter 2 of

http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/d2rq/spec/

You can run the SQL script on a MySQL database and run the TopBraid
Composer Mapping generator to connect to it.

Holger