search widget issue

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Dec 4, 2017, 8:58:02 AM12/4/17
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

When I click on measuresDamageType at:

Nothing happens

Only when I fill in say c, I get the list starting at c

When I backspace the c, I get the whole list, which I hoped to get when I just clicked.

I can also get the list by doing just backspace, without put a letter in first.

Is that intentional somehow?

Thx m

Dr. ir. H.M. (Michel) Böhms
Senior Data Scientist

+31888663107
+31630381220
michel...@tno.nl

Location

Irene Polikoff

Dec 4, 2017, 10:36:16 AM12/4/17
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is an auto-complete widget so you need to start typing something in order to get a list to select from.

You can also get a full list by, instead of starting to type, pressing the down arrow on your keyboard. Note that depending on your model (how many instances in the target class), the list can take a few seconds.

For classes with many instances creating the list can get somewhat expensive which is why it is not generated proactively when a user simply clicks on a field. Some other action is needed to trigger it.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 4, 2017, at 8:57 AM, Bohms, H.M. (Michel) <michel...@tno.nl> wrote:

When I click on measuresDamageType at:

<image001.png>

Nothing happens

Only when I fill in say c, I get the list starting at c

When I backspace the c, I get the whole list, which I hoped to get when I just clicked.

I can also get the list by doing just backspace, without put a letter in first.

Is that intentional somehow?

Thx m

Dr. ir. H.M. (Michel) Böhms
Senior Data Scientist