TopBraid 5.2 Public Beta Announcement

Pat Doyle

Sep 13, 2016, 3:25:38 PM9/13/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Dear Users,

TopQuadrant is pleased to announce the Public Beta availability of TopBraid 5.2!

TopBraid 5.2 marks the first release of TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance (EDG).  It also provides additional triple store options to SDB -- Apache Jena TDB and MarkLogic databases. Major functional enhancements in 5.2 for TopBraid EVN and TopBraid EDG include overall improved user experience, technology upgrades, enhancements to NeighborGram and new AutoClassifier enhancement features.  SHACL development has been updated to stay in sync with the W3C standard and is also available now in EDG and EVN.

For details, please see the 5.2 Release Notes:
http://www.topquadrant.com/release-notes-topbraid-5-2/. (Please note the data migration procedure)

Downloads:

For all EVN or TBL customers who have not yet received a private invitation to participate in the 5.2 beta release and would like to participate please contact us at sup...@topquadrant.com

*Note that product documentation including user guides is still being updated and in some areas may be out of sync with the newly released Beta changes.

As always, we appreciate your participation in our Beta test program and look forward to your feedback.  Please submit your input by September 27, 2016.

For questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
 - TopBraid Suite Users forum: http://groups.google.com/group/topbraid-users
 - Composer support:  composersupport@topquadrant.com
 - TopBraid Server products support (valid TBL, EVN, RDM and TBI licenses): sup...@topquadrant.com, (Tel: +1 919-300-7945)

Thank you,
The TopBraid Team

PaulZH

Sep 15, 2016, 2:29:33 AM9/15/16
to TopBraid Suite Users, sup...@topquadrant.com
I see that the Jena is not available anymore in the list of inference engines while still in the docs. Is this a temporary beta thing?

On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 9:25:38 PM UTC+2, Pat Doyle wrote:
[...]

 - Composer support:  compose...@topquadrant.com

Holger Knublauch

Sep 15, 2016, 2:40:52 AM9/15/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
We are discontinuing support for native Jena rules and Jena-based inferencing from 5.2 onwards. SPIN can be used instead (for custom rules) and OWLIM for standard RDFS/OWL inferencing.

Which pages on the docs are still mentioning it - we need to take out these references.

Thanks
Holger
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include the TopBraid Suite family of products and its base technologies such as SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

PaulZH

Sep 15, 2016, 3:50:21 AM9/15/16
to TopBraid Suite Users
The pictures in 'Run and Configure Inference Engines'

Pierluigi

Oct 2, 2016, 6:33:34 PM10/2/16
to TopBraid Suite Users
It would be worth mentioning that clearly in the release notes.  You claim to support Jena 3.1, so the fact that you have disabled checking model consequences by Jena inference and Jena rules inside the IDE is something one would not naturally expect (nor welcome, in our case, but I suppose that depends more on whether one uses TBC as an IDE or as a piece of the overall EVN/EDG environment).