SPARQLMotion tutorial and issues

arguscesus

Apr 28, 2015, 10:59:38 PM4/28/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am an experienced Semantic web developer, but new to TBC and SPARQLMotion. I tried the simplest import news feed and the tutorial, and had issues to start with your documentations. Please help and update your tutorial.

tutorial: http://www.topquadrant.com/sparqlmotion/tutorial/SPARQLMotionTutorial.pdf

For the simple import News feed. sml:url "http://composing-the-semantic-web.blogspot.com/atom.xml". I just created this single module. When I clicked RUN, got the following error messages:

at org.topbraidcomposer.sparqlmotion.actions.AbstractExecuteSPARQLMotionAction$1.run(AbstractExecuteSPARQLMotionAction.java:153)
at org.topbraidcomposer.core.util.ThreadUtil$1$1.run(ThreadUtil.java:64)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.modules.SMException: java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.topbraid.sparqlmotion.lib.internal.ImportNewsFeedModule.createGraph(ImportNewsFeedModule.java:43)
at org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.modules.AbstractSMModule.getRDFOutput(AbstractSMModule.java:907)
at org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.engine.impl.ExecutionEngineImpl.executeModule(ExecutionEngineImpl.java:176)
at org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.engine.impl.ExecutionEngineImpl.execute(ExecutionEngineImpl.java:118)
at org.topbraidcomposer.sparqlmotion.views.console.SPARQLMotionConsole.execute(SPARQLMotionConsole.java:79)
at org.topbraidcomposer.sparqlmotion.actions.AbstractExecuteSPARQLMotionAction$1.run(AbstractExecuteSPARQLMotionAction.java:142)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.topbraid.feeds.graphstore.FeedsGraphStore.load(FeedsGraphStore.java:94)
at org.topbraid.sparqlmotion.lib.internal.ImportNewsFeedModule.createGraph(ImportNewsFeedModule.java:37)
... 7 more

For the exercise 1 in the tutorial, I had to specify a targetFilePath in "Load Countries". Otherwise it displays a warning "missing value augument targetFilePath", and got error messages when I clicked RUN.

at org.topbraidcomposer.sparqlmotion.actions.AbstractExecuteSPARQLMotionAction$1.run(AbstractExecuteSPARQLMotionAction.java:153)
at org.topbraidcomposer.core.util.ThreadUtil$1$1.run(ThreadUtil.java:64)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.modules.SMException: the string value is missing for targetFilePath
at org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.modules.AbstractSMModule.getConfigString(AbstractSMModule.java:526)
at org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.modules.AbstractSMModule.getConfigString(AbstractSMModule.java:488)
at org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.modules.AbstractSMModule.getConfigString(AbstractSMModule.java:475)
at org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.modules.AbstractSMModule.getConfigFile(AbstractSMModule.java:377)
at org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.lib.internal.ImportFileFromURLModule.execute(ImportFileFromURLModule.java:32)
at org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.engine.impl.ExecutionEngineImpl.execute(ExecutionEngineImpl.java:202)
at org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.engine.impl.ExecutionEngineImpl.executeModule(ExecutionEngineImpl.java:168)
at org.topbraid.spin.sparqlmotion.engine.impl.ExecutionEngineImpl.execute(ExecutionEngineImpl.java:118)
at org.topbraidcomposer.sparqlmotion.views.console.SPARQLMotionConsole.execute(SPARQLMotionConsole.java:79)
at org.topbraidcomposer.sparqlmotion.actions.AbstractExecuteSPARQLMotionAction$1.run(AbstractExecuteSPARQLMotionAction.java:142)
... 2 more

If I specify a targetFilePath, the output of this module won't go to the next module "Export All" - export to RDF file.

Here are the session data:

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_67
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

Holger Knublauch

Apr 29, 2015, 2:30:47 AM4/29/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi, and thanks for your feedback.

On 4/29/2015 12:44, arguscesus wrote:
[...]

I was able to reproduce this issue. Our Newsfeed importer had trouble with handling blank nodes. Since this example relies on an external URL, outside of our control, the data has apparently changed to a format that was previously not encountered. I have fixed this for 5.0. Meanwhile, you'd need to try some other newsfeed, or skip this tutorial exercise.

For the exercise 1 in the tutorial, I had to specify a targetFilePath in "Load Countries". Otherwise it displays a warning "missing value augument targetFilePath", and got error messages when I clicked RUN.

I cannot reproduce this. "Load Countries" should not even ask for targetFilePath - assuming it has type sml:ImportRDFFromURL. Could you double-check that you didn't instantiate some other type here? Please send us the file if you are unsure.

Thanks,
Holger

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include Enterprise Vocabulary Network (EVN), Reference Data Manager (RDM), TopBraid Composer, TopBraid Live, TopBraid Insight, SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

arguscesus

Apr 29, 2015, 9:43:33 AM4/29/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Holger,
Thanks for your help. As to the second issue, I chose "import file from URL" type by mistake. I will walk through the rest of the tutorial and keep you updated.

arguscesus

Apr 29, 2015, 1:37:22 PM4/29/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Holger,

There are other issues with the tutorial.
Exercise 5 needs exercise4-output.ttl as one input to get capital information. It indicates that this file should have countries and their capitals generated in Exercise 4. In fact, in exercise 4, we only added abbrev3 property to exercise3-output.ttl.

Thanks.

Irene Polikoff

Apr 30, 2015, 4:34:40 PM4/30/15
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, we will make the necessary change. In the meantime, please use exercise3-output.ttl as the input to the Exercise 5.

Regards,

Irene