Anyone using RDFa, Microdata and Atom/RSS import?

Holger Knublauch

Mar 25, 2018, 6:52:49 PM3/25/18
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Dear TopBraid users,

while reviewing our current set of features, I noticed that we have
supported importing of RDFa and Microdata as well as converting Atom and
RSS newsfeeds to RDF for many years. However there was very little
feedback ever, so I am wondering how many of you are actually using
these features. Depending on feedback, we may retire these capabilities
with release 6, so that we can streamline and better focus the tooling.

Thanks
Holger

PaulZH

Mar 26, 2018, 2:38:48 AM3/26/18
to TopBraid Suite Users
not over here.

Jack Hodges

Mar 26, 2018, 9:25:46 AM3/26/18
to TopBraid Suite Users
not with us.

cbur...@healthwise.org

Mar 26, 2018, 12:18:26 PM3/26/18
to TopBraid Suite Users
We're not using any of that, either.

Simon Opper

Sep 3, 2018, 5:38:06 AM9/3/18
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi Holger

I was using release 5, and just started to build some some tools with the Rss function. I did actually have a view to look at the RDFa and microdata functions as well since maintaining and working with these annotations in our particular content set is likely.

I see that they have indeed been deprecated and I've got 6 installed now.

Is there a straightforward way to use or access code from the Rss, RDF and microdata sparql functions ? Are they sparqlMotion or java somewhere ?

In working with Rob Atkinson on the SURROUND platform stuff he's developed an arbitrary xml importer that perhaps does a similar job to the Rss function. But it would be good to have a look at functions you had already.

Many thanks

Simon

Holger Knublauch

Sep 3, 2018, 5:50:58 AM9/3/18
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Hi Simon,

they have all been deleted including the Java code, so there is no native TopBraid support for these formats from 6.0 onwards. RSS is "just" XML so any XML-based importer can still be used with TopBraid. For RDFa, you can use an online converter. In fact I use this myself from SPARQL Web Pages (SWP) to convert schema.org to SHACL (schema.org has its master copy in RDFa). See TopBraid/schema.org/schemaconverter.ui.ttlx which does

<sml:ImportRDFFromURL sml:url="http://www.w3.org/2012/pyRdfa/extract?format=xml&amp;uri=http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html">

which can also be called from SPARQLMotion. Maybe there is something similar for microdata somewhere.

HTH
Holger

Simon Opper

Sep 3, 2018, 7:16:44 AM9/3/18