Getting "Java(TM) Platform SE binary is not responding" error

瀏覽次數:57 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Candice Buchanan

未讀,
2015年9月16日 下午2:33:042015/9/16
收件者:topbrai...@googlegroups.com
I updated from TopBraid Composer Maestro v 4.6 to v 5.0 this weekend. I keep getting the error message upon start-up of Composer "Java(TM) Platform SE binary is not responding".  I searched the internet and took their advise to get rid of the problem (which didn't help) and then I resorted to deleting Java and reinstalled it.  Nothing seems to work.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I am at a dead-end. Thanks!

Mark Graham

未讀,
2015年9月16日 下午2:39:552015/9/16
收件者:topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Candice,

Couple things to check. You want to verify that you downloaded the ME or SE version - could be a mismatch with your workspace if the previous version was a different application.

By default the TBC application will use the version 7 java that is packaged with it (not your system java - so you are fine there).

If you can get to the place in starting the application that prompts you to path to a workspace - change that path name (the system will then create that new workspace directory for you).

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Graham
TopQuadrant Support

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include Enterprise Vocabulary Network (EVN), Reference Data Manager (RDM), TopBraid Composer, TopBraid Live, TopBraid Insight, SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

Candice Buchanan

未讀,
2015年9月16日 下午5:25:422015/9/16
收件者:topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Mark!

I installed Java SDK 8 instead of SDK 7.  Sometimes the newer one isn't the better one...  After getting 7 reloaded, it worked with no errors.  Also, thanks for reminding me to create a new workspace - that was my last hurdle. Everything is working fine now!
Candi
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄