Re-including swa:hiddenProperty properties

Mark van Berkel

Dec 5, 2016, 2:57:30 PM12/5/16
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi Team,

When SWA builds the edit form it read schema.ui.ttlx and excludes a number of schema.org properties because swa:hiddenProperty is true.  That's probably fine for most circumstances because in 5.1 I could re-include them by deleting that triple. For example, contactPoint, telephone I wanted to include for Organization.

In 5.2 I've removed the hiddenProperty triples but the forms still don't include the properties. Did something change between these versions? Where and how could I override these?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mark

Holger Knublauch

Dec 5, 2016, 8:01:10 PM12/5/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

may I ask how you have deleted the swa:hiddenProperty in the past? They are stored in a file that gets overwritten on install. So this is an unfortunate case where we probably should not define these swa:hiddenProperty triples for everyone. For the future (and already in use in EDG) we do have a more flexible mechanism based on SHACL (via sh:deactivated).

The "official" mechanism to have these properties visible again would be to define custom forms that override the default form. E.g. use ui:instanceView at schema:Organization to enumerate the exact properties (and their layout) that you want to see. See

    http://uispin.org/swa-forms.html

Holger
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group "TopBraid Suite Users", the topics of which include the TopBraid Suite family of products and its base technologies such as SPARQLMotion, SPARQL Web Pages and SPIN.
---

Mark van Berkel

Dec 5, 2016, 10:26:28 PM12/5/16
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Holger,

Previously, after an install I would open SWA/schema.ui.ttlx file and delete the hiddenProperty triples:
# DELETE { ?prop swa:hiddenProperty "true"^^xsd:boolean  . }
SELECT *
WHERE {
?prop swa:hiddenProperty "true"^^xsd:boolean .
FILTER ( REGEX(str(?prop), "http://schema.org/") )
}

Then, for the generic schema:Thing I would create an ui:instanceView with a new formbody that had a slightly higher priority -7.  That formbody has a combination of swa:ObjectsGroup and swa:ObjectsPlaceholder which would show "no-longer-hiddenProperty."

I could setup a process to generate an instanceView for every schema.org class + property, it does seem like a lot of work given that I already had it working previously. using one instanceView for schema:Thing. Tomorrow I may try another look at the ObjectsGroup and ObjectsPlaceholder filterFunctions to see if something else is off. Maybe I missed something else during the upgrade.

Regards,
Mark

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "TopBraid Suite Users" group.

Holger Knublauch

Dec 5, 2016, 10:34:31 PM12/5/16

On 6/12/2016 13:26, Mark van Berkel wrote:
[...]

Nothing obvious comes to my mind comparing these two versions. If you're stuck, feel free to send me a snapshot of what you have got.

Holger

Mark van Berkel

Jan 3, 2017, 12:08:31 PM1/3/17
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi Holger,

FYI I ended up using tops#relevantPropertiesOfClass to populate a ui:tempGraph to hold the list of properties to display in the swa-objects-group I wanted.

Regards,
Mark