Power

georgedan...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2018, 9:15:07 PM2/12/18
to ToorCamp
In photos I see lots of people using their laptops.  Is there a public place we can charge our machines?

Krux

Feb 13, 2018, 9:26:52 AM2/13/18
to georgedan...@gmail.com, ToorCamp
they usually have power available for the group camp sites. it's worth it to pack a long extension cord or two.

David Hulton

Feb 14, 2018, 2:57:47 PM2/14/18
to toor...@googlegroups.com, georgedan...@gmail.com
Yep, it's always a good idea to pack an extension cable and/or splitter. This is also a good time to mention that if you are planning on having a group campsite, you should make sure to fill out the campsite sign-up form:

This will ensure that we can provide enough power for your campsite and facilitate any other needs you might have.

That being said, we also generally have power available in the Prime Dome where the main talks are taking place, and around the camp at the workshop locations like the Yoga Studio, the Lower Field stage, and another good go-to device charging spot is the Ada's Cafe in the Tree House. There's also a lounge below the Doe Bay Cafe that has power and is generally open to the public.

Thanks!
-David

Franklin Hu

May 28, 2018, 11:55:07 PM5/28/18
to ToorCamp
Last time, power was distributed from the buildings out to select areas of the camping area. I brought a heavy gauge 100 ft extension cord to bring power out to the edge of the camping area where I was. So, bring a really heavy duty long extension cord and a splitter if you want to insure you get power. Like many things at ToorCamp, it's a 'string' your own hack.

chr...@pdx.edu

May 29, 2018, 4:49:33 PM5/29/18
to ToorCamp
There will be Yoga?

divide

May 31, 2018, 1:43:52 AM5/31/18
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Bubble Wrap Yoga sessions will be held daily at 6am in the studio.  The 7am sessions have been moved to the Tent camping area.  Bring your own bubble wrap mat, large bubbles are preferred but any will do.

-divide

pinguino

May 31, 2018, 1:46:10 AM5/31/18
to toor...@googlegroups.com
I don't think I ever actually wanted to do yoga until now.

Pinguino Kolb
photographer/illustrator
http://www.ivomitrainbows.com