Be a Tactical Telephone Installer at Toorcamp 2014

Duncan Smith

Feb 21, 2014, 12:59:18 PM2/21/14
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Successful telephone service provider SHADYTEL is seeking applicants for
the position of TACTICAL LINEMAN(*) at TOORCAMP 2014.  Approximately
four positions are available.  Applicants must be able to attend
Toorcamp, scheduled for 09- through 14-July 2014, at Neah Bay,
Washington, USA.

We will provide landline service to people in tents.  You'll be
responsible for helping to make that happen: taking orders, laying and
terminating cable, configuring switchgear, tearing down the network
afterwards, et cetera.  On-site training will be provided.

Qualified applicants will display a hobbyist interest in cable
management, recordkeeping, and (optionally) customer service.
Strong applicants will be able to recite the Shadytel Core Values, and
demonstrate familiarity with telephone industry regulations.

No monetary compensation is offered.  You will receive some of our
schwag, possibly to include: Shadytel polo shirt, Shadytel hardhat,
Shadytel branded hand tools, other Shadytel branded items.

Send email to CAR...@SHADY.TEL to apply.  Include relevant information.
Also include a phone number, and preferred times to talk (Seattle time
or UTC).

(*) Shadytel is an equal opportunity employer.  Policy prohibits
discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, marital status, familial
status, income, residency, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information,
sexual orientation, disability, corporate affiliation, veteran status,
fandom, or other protected status.  The word "lineman" is used here to
refer to a person of any gender who installs telephone lines.

Rubin Abdi

Feb 21, 2014, 1:03:21 PM2/21/14
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Is scheduling flakyness a quality you're seeking in potential
applicants? Also ability to show lots of ass crack when attempting
installation inside of hard to reach places?

--
Rubin
ru...@starset.net

signature.asc

Duncan Smith

Feb 21, 2014, 2:43:04 PM2/21/14
to toor...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014, at 10:03, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> Is scheduling flakyness a quality you're seeking in potential
> applicants? Also ability to show lots of ass crack when attempting
> installation inside of hard to reach places?

These are core customer service skills.

--
Duncan Smith

Jeff Records

Feb 21, 2014, 3:07:12 PM2/21/14
to toor...@googlegroups.com
When you say tactical cable telephone installer, are we talking about missile launched cable laying and covert device installation? I am sure that these skills should fall under this role and I would be glad to talk to you about such opportunities.

Jeff Records
> --

signature.asc

Duncan Smith

Feb 21, 2014, 3:43:13 PM2/21/14
to toor...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014, around noon, Jeff Records wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014, around noon, Duncan Smith wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 21, 2014, around ten, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> >> Is scheduling flakyness a quality you're seeking in potential
> >> applicants? Also ability to show lots of ass crack when attempting
> >> installation inside of hard to reach places?
> >
> > These are core customer service skills.
>
> When you say tactical cable telephone installer, are we talking about
> missile launched cable laying and covert device installation? I am sure
> that these skills should fall under this role and I would be glad to talk
> to you about such opportunities.

Ballistic cable laying is not a part of this engagement.

Our tactical linemen are expected to successfully deploy outside plant
equipment in any environment, in situations which may be subject to a
wide variety of adverse conditions.

--
Duncan Smith

do...@toor.con.com

Feb 21, 2014, 4:54:14 PM2/21/14
to toor...@googlegroups.com
gobs and gobs of gel-filled splices? there's nothing more pleasant to
work with....

3ric Johanson

Feb 21, 2014, 5:17:49 PM2/21/14
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Dear Shady Tel:

If I bring my fortress could ya'll provide payphone services?    I would like to use my red box to transmogrify bitcoin payments into long-distance calls to whorehouses in China.

Please advise when we could start service installation; we will leave milk and cookies* out for the installer.

Regards,
-3ric
Camp hackerbot

PS by milk and cookies, I might mean hookers and blow.  But probably only milk and cookies; depends on the level of ass-crack .. I mean professionalism from the installer.

--
Duncan Smith

Peter Vollan

Jul 9, 2014, 1:01:51 AM7/9/14