ToorCon 2018

Tim Huynh

Dec 16, 2016, 8:03:30 PM12/16/16
to ToorCamp
Woot! We just finished the contract with Doe Bay and will be back there for ToorCamp 2018. I know it's a bit away, but we love this event and are already starting to plan. We’re keeping the format similar to last time. General admission includes camping in the designated fields. Cabins, yurts, domes, or premiums campsite are an addition cost. We will be releasing a booking code for those reservations through Doe Bay later in 2017.

We have a special discount code for 5% off for people on this list: I<3TOORCAMP

Hope to see you there!

Karl Koscher

Dec 16, 2016, 8:48:55 PM12/16/16
to toor...@googlegroups.com
This isn't a valid promo code. :)

Try I3TOORCAMP

Tim Huynh

Dec 16, 2016, 9:05:02 PM12/16/16
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads up. I3TOORCAMP does work and the field doesn't let you enter the < sign. On the admin side i can do the full code as I<3TOORCAMP. I'll report the bug over to universe.

thanks,
Tim

thanks,

Tim Huynh
Vice - Chairman

ToorCon: Information Security Conference
____________________

ToorCon: San Diego

Oct 12-16, 2016
Westin San Diego, Emerald Plaza

ToorCon: Seattle
TBA 2017

ToorCamp
2018
San Juan Islands, WA

WorldToor
TBA

Karl Koscher

Dec 19, 2016, 10:08:15 PM12/19/16
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Can the reg site be served up over HTTPS? Putting your credit card info into a page served over HTTP is kinda sketchy, even if it's POSTed to an HTTPS endpoint.

(toorcamp.toorcon.net can be accessed via HTTPS, but it give you a certificate warning)

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Tim Huynh <t...@huynh.co> wrote:

Tim Huynh

Dec 19, 2016, 10:18:27 PM12/19/16
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Sure, we'll work on that in the next couple of days. In the mean time, you can go to universe to pick up your tickets:

thanks,
Tim

andrew m

May 8, 2017, 3:37:01 PM5/8/17
to ToorCamp
When will campsites be available for reservation?

Tim Huynh

May 8, 2017, 11:01:40 PM5/8/17
to toor...@googlegroups.com
We'll be opening up registration in July. We'll send out a code out to registered attendee so they can book with Doebay.

thanks,
Tim

thanks,
Tim

Carl Fugate

Tim Huynh

Jul 22, 2017, 4:48:43 PM7/22/17
to toor...@googlegroups.com
We'll be sending a code out right after defcon.

thanks,

Tim Huynh
Vice - Chairman

ToorCon: Information Security Conference
____________________

ToorCon: San Diego

Aug 28th - Sep 3, 2017
Westin San Diego, Emerald Plaza

ToorCamp
June 20-24 2018
San Juan Islands, WA

ToorCon: Seattle
TBA

WorldToor
TBA

Carl Fugate

David Hulton

Jul 27, 2017, 10:52:14 PM7/27/17
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Just as an additional clarification, the code is getting sent out to registered attendees on Monday 7/31. So get a ticket if you haven't yet!!

andrew m

Aug 1, 2017, 3:13:51 PM8/1/17
to ToorCamp, da...@toorcon.org
The code I was sent did not work. I called into the front desk and they told me that they had a different code on file. Theirs did not include the digits "2" or"0"

Also, the website does not allow you to reserve or even see the names and photos of individual campsites. You can request one by name in the comments section when you confirm your reservation, but this appears to be the only way to select a campsite and if you aren't already familiar with the sites and their names, it won't be very helpful.

Tim Huynh

Aug 1, 2017, 3:26:24 PM8/1/17
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about that. We had a miscommunication on the code with the venue but I resent the code.

Andrew, you're right about the online booking. It's a bit clunky if you don't know what your getting into. I'll let them know and see if we can make improvements for them next time.

thanks,
tim

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 12:13 PM, andrew m <korz...@gmail.com> wrote:
The code I was sent did not work. I called into the front desk and they told me that they had a different code on file. Theirs did not include the digits "2" or"0"

Also, the website does not allow you to reserve or even see the names and photos of individual campsites. You can request one by name in the comments section when you confirm your reservation, but this appears to be the only way to select a campsite and if you aren't already familiar with the sites and their names, it won't be very helpful.

JJ Salley

Aug 14, 2017, 12:09:09 AM8/14/17
to ToorCamp

I was trying to buy a ticket and they are sold out of kids tickets?  If I buy my ticket now, can I add a child's ticket at a later date?

Tim Huynh

Aug 14, 2017, 12:26:32 PM8/14/17
to toor...@googlegroups.com
JJ,
just opened up more tickets for kids. You should be able to register your children.

thanks,
Tim