A map of Doe Bay?

Astrid Smith

Jul 18, 2017, 4:26:43 PM7/18/17
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm starting to work on the 2018 Shadytel wire buy. Is there a map of
Doe Bay that's suitable for CAD purposes?

Or, should I snag the hand-drawn one from
<https://doebay.com/stay-at-doe-bay/resort-map/> and warp it to fit
physical reality? (if I do this I'll share it, no sense in more than
one person doing the same work)

By the way, does anyone on this list know of an iPhone or Android
offline map application that will allow the user to import a geotiff
or other georeferenced raster image for use as a basemap?

--
Astrid Smith

Tim Huynh

Jul 18, 2017, 6:36:16 PM7/18/17
to toor...@googlegroups.com
I think Scotland may have a vector of that map but the scale is off if you're trying to get accurate lengths.

thanks,
Tim

--
Astrid Smith

thanks,

Tim Huynh
Vice - Chairman

ToorCon: Information Security Conference
____________________

ToorCon: San Diego

Aug 28th - Sep 3, 2017
Westin San Diego, Emerald Plaza

ToorCamp
June 20-24 2018
San Juan Islands, WA

ToorCon: Seattle
TBA

WorldToor
TBA

Ian Gallagher

Jul 18, 2017, 6:55:14 PM7/18/17
to toor...@googlegroups.com
I'm not familiar with GeoTIFF and those formats directly, but I have
used GaiGPS for offline maps, and it is quite decent. It supports KML
and GPX natively, and they at least have a support document on how to
handle GeoTIFF and friends with the help of a 3rd party app/service, so
it maybe a good starting point:

https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003639948-Import-Maps-Data-with-Mapbox-Studio

-----
craSH

On 7/18/17 15:36, Tim Huynh wrote:
> I think Scotland may have a vector of that map but the scale is off if
> you're trying to get accurate lengths.
>
> thanks,
> Tim
>

> On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Astrid Smith <Ast...@xrtc.net
> <mailto:Ast...@xrtc.net>> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm starting to work on the 2018 Shadytel wire buy.  Is there a map of
> Doe Bay that's suitable for CAD purposes?
>
> Or, should I snag the hand-drawn one from
> <https://doebay.com/stay-at-doe-bay/resort-map/
> <https://doebay.com/stay-at-doe-bay/resort-map/>> and warp it to fit
> physical reality?  (if I do this I'll share it, no sense in more than
> one person doing the same work)
>
> By the way, does anyone on this list know of an iPhone or Android
> offline map application that will allow the user to import a geotiff
> or other georeferenced raster image for use as a basemap?
>
> --
> Astrid Smith
>

> --
>

> --
> **
> *
> thanks,
>
> Tim Huynh
> Vice - Chairman
>
> ToorCon: Information Security Conference
> toorcon.org <http://toorcon.org/>
> ____________________
> *
> **
>
> **
> *ToorCon: San Diego*
> **
> Aug 28th - Sep 3, 2017
> *Westin San Diego, Emerald Plaza*
> *
> *
> *ToorCamp*
> June 20-24 2018
> San Juan Islands, WA
>
> *ToorCon: Seattle*
> TBA
>
> *WorldToor*
> TBA
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/toorcamp/CAOsDu_BnzmTdFdw19R_C0tiYVq7iJT9p%2BDdx85fNFR9twmcq_g%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/toorcamp/CAOsDu_BnzmTdFdw19R_C0tiYVq7iJT9p%2BDdx85fNFR9twmcq_g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Astrid Smith

Jul 26, 2017, 11:59:41 PM7/26/17
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Turns out I already did it last time! See attached. Though I don't
know of anyone else who is doing projects that depend on geography :)

--
Astrid
doe-bay.qgs

Scotland [Spaceteam]

Jun 3, 2018, 3:30:12 PM6/3/18
to ToorCamp
Did one of our team get in contact with you?

Msg me offline if not.