Monkey Jam (Animation Software)

Larry Cuffe

Jul 10, 2012, 6:11:48 PM7/10/12
to tools-for-social-te...@googlegroups.com
Take a 15 euro webcam, take a box of Plasticine and you are Stephen Speilberg! Well maybe not. But here is an example of what you can do:
claymation animation example
Monkey jam is a free program for doing frame by frame animation, which can be a series of post it notes, a step by step guide to a calculation, or whatever. Its quite simple to use, and after about forty minutes with the program the group I was in had quite a respectable minute of animation in the can. Very silly movie about a cat. For the technically minded we were shooting at six frames per second which is about as slow as you can go, while keeping up the continuous motion illusion. I have more information about this program on this web page: Web page describing uses of Monkey Jam in Education.

This topic is for any Questions about downloading, installing or using the software.