Examining the Grotesque in "Haunted"

Denise Noe

Dec 16, 2016, 9:32:44 AM12/16/16
to Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates Discussion Group
I wrote an essay examining the nature of the grotesque in Oates's collection: "Haunted: Tales of the Grotesque" and that essay appears in the most recent issue of "The Literary Hatchet." I'd enjoy feedback on the essay.

Michaelangelo Rodriguez

Dec 16, 2016, 10:40:34 AM12/16/16
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful, Ms. Noe,
Thanks for sharing.
Michaelangelo Rodriguez

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 9:32 AM, 'Denise Noe' via Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates Discussion Group <tonecl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I wrote an essay examining the nature of the grotesque in Oates's collection: "Haunted: Tales of the Grotesque" and that essay appears in the most recent issue of "The Literary Hatchet." I'd enjoy feedback on the essay.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates Discussion Group" group.

susan masztak

Dec 16, 2016, 1:28:26 PM12/16/16
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations and thanks, Ms. Noe.  I learned quite a few facts about Dracula
that I had not known.  Thanks, also, for introducing me to "The Literary Hatchet."

scribbler

On Dec 16, 2016, at 9:32 AM, 'Denise Noe' via Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates Discussion Group wrote:

I wrote an essay examining the nature of the grotesque in Oates's collection: "Haunted: Tales of the Grotesque" and that essay appears in the most recent issue of "The Literary Hatchet." I'd enjoy feedback on the essay.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates Discussion Group" group.

Denise Noe

Michaelangelo Rodriguez

Dec 23, 2016, 7:55:51 PM12/23/16
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Toneclusters,
I'm thrilled to be published in March 2017 by l'Herne Paris about my year with JCO. I was her graduate assistant from 1974-5 after I returned from Vietnam.

Michaelangelo Rodriguez
Writer/producer
New Castle, Delaware USA

Dear Michaelangelo,

We are currently working on a Cahier de l’Herne dedicated to Joyce Carol Oates. We would like to reprint the correspondance between you and Mrs Oates that you can find attached to this mail. These items give a beautiful insight into the author’s life and they would without any doubt enrich the Cahier. Could you be so kind and give us your permission to reproduce these items? Mrs Oates already gave her permission but we wanted to check with you too, in case there are any parts of the letters you do not want us to reproduce.
We thank you in advance and don’t hesitate to contact me for any question you might have.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth Lackner
Éditions de l’Herne
22, rue Mazarine 75006 Paris

bd...@frontiernet.net

Dec 23, 2016, 8:32:25 PM12/23/16
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, Michaelangelo Rodriguez.  Let us know when and where this edition is available.

Brenda Daly
Emeritus Professor of English
Iowa State University

susan masztak

Dec 24, 2016, 12:55:06 PM12/24/16
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Michaelangelo,

 I look forward to reading the Cahier.
Do let the Toneclusters know when it is available.

scribbler

Gary Couzens

Apr 30, 2017, 2:27:06 AM4/30/17
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
JCO has just won two Stoker Awards, presented by the Horror Writers of
America:

Superior Achievement in Short Fiction, for "The Crawl Space" (published
in Ellery Queen, September/October 2016)

Superior Achievement in a Collection, for The Doll-Master and Other
Tales of Terror.

She has won four previous Stokers, including one for Life Achievement as
long ago as 1994.

Gary

Randy Souther

Apr 30, 2017, 10:11:08 AM4/30/17